Partick vs Pars

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Annoying that it was McInroy who was the best player on the park today as it was someone I was really hoping we'd try to get back and that was before we lost half a squad to injury. 

Is Kerr from Fife? I know he's came through at Celtic but his accent is familiar.

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Aye, he’s from dunfermline.  Grandad was a season ticket holder at east end.

Shame the OF hoover up young talents like McInroy but other teams struggle to compete with their riches and resources at the youth level let alone at first team level.

Can’t agree with all the Pars chat about multiple stonewall penalties missed. The handball one looked like a shocker of a decision which we got away with, but after that (legitimate) injustice the away fans just started screaming for everything, the majority of which there was absolutely nothing in. That one decision aside, the referee was just a bog standard lower league Scottish ref who makes a lot of questionable decisions for both teams.

As many others have said, the first half was pretty even, with plenty of chances created on both sides. Nobody could have had any complaints if both teams went down the tunnel at HT with a couple of goals each. Second half though, we really stepped up a level and bossed the game, with McInroy at the centre of it all.

For a team who kept so many clean sheets last season, I couldn’t believe how wide open Dunfermline were at the back. It seemed so easy for us to just flick the ball around a corner between the two CBs and someone was clean through on goal. No idea if the personnel has changed much from last year, but the Pars defending was atrocious at times.

Nice to get back to winning ways after last week’s shitshow. Hopefully we can start to string together another decent run now.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

. No idea if the personnel has changed much from last year, but the Pars defending was atrocious at times.

Benidictus is a big miss, he’s the organiser in there,  the rest are largely the same as last season.  Sharp also in goal who should be dropped now mehmet is fit.

That said, it wasn’t really just missing personal,  we’ve been much more compact in every other game with them missing.  Just a total off game today,  fisher has been pointed out as a dud from those who only have seen him today for example, he absolutely isn’t. 

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

No idea if the personnel has changed much from last year, but the Pars defending was atrocious at times.

Two senior centre backs injured (one the club captain) and last season's goalkeeper out injured too. Defence today was made up of a right back converted to right centre back, young highly rated centre back and raw left centre back playing his first season at this level and who is very versatile so hasn't quite nailed down a set position yet. So from last season's first choice back three and keeper, only one made it into today's team.

FFS a pretty even game was pretty much decided by a howler from our keeper. Obviously after that Thistle look like Brazil "70. We lost all confidence after that but there really doesn't need to be any huge post mortem. Put in as shite a 45 as that second half in a championship match and you tend to get a reaming.

Onwards. 

Stinker of a result out of nowhere at Firhill? Feels like it’s 20 years ago - except we’re not fighting among the top six in the SPL any more.

Not a major issue provided we bounce back strongly next week vs Arbroath. Get Mehmet back in the goals and hopefully Summers can return too.

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

FFS a pretty even game was pretty much decided by a howler from our keeper. Obviously after that Thistle look like Brazil "70. We lost all confidence after that but there really doesn't need to be any huge post mortem. Put in as shite a 45 as that second half in a championship match and you tend to get a reaming.

Onwards. 

There were still 40 minutes to go. The game was far from finished.

Judging by the forums and accounts from friends that were at the game, the concept of one or two players making a team tick was very evident by their absence yesterday. 
Summer being out yesterday was apparently one player missing too many, and any team in this league would miss a player like Bene. 
By the sounds of it we need to get Summer back at the very least, his skill set alone slows the opposition attack down. We’re all aware that McPake will change things the minute he deems it necessary, but if you don’t have enough experienced players on the bench you’ll be pissin into the wind. 
We’re going up against a very tricky opponent next week, and I fear for us against them. 
We all know what our injured players can bring to the team, and we have to hope that our team can tread water until they start to filter back into the squad. 

That’s twice I’ve seen thistle this season (made the Morton away game too) and twice seen them win by 3 clear goals.  Both times I’ve felt their level of win has been due to how bad the opposition has been rather than their own good play.  I’m not saying they are a bad side, sometimes the mark of a good team is winning comfortably without looking flashy.  Being clinical and neat is far more effective. 

Unfortunately that’s the worst performance for us under McPake.  Goalie sells the jerseys for the second goal and after that the whole spine collapses.  So many off days, summed up by McCanns free kick, two weeks ago he’s ripping the net off, yesterday it’s the roof of the stand.

See how we go v Arbroath, but this is a timely reminder that in the championship, every game has the potential to produce unexpected results, including drubbings out of nowhere.

Edited by parsboi

Think yesterday showed we are way too out our depth with so many players missing. Constant mistakes and defence collapsing when put under any sort of pressure. We got away with it last week as Morton are dross, but when you start playing teams around our level, you’re going to get hammered. 

All in, that’s Todd, Bene, Breen, Tod, Allan, Summers, KRH missing. That’s fucking horrendous going. Our captain and our best player, plus Summers (who looks a class above) all missing is so frustrating. Yesterday was screaming out for Summers and Todd to be the difference in the middle, as well as Bene being in the centre to organise everything. P*sh! 

I know Breen is back in training tomorrow but what is the likelihood of any of the above mentioned being back? Don’t think I have seen anything anywhere about timescales (except Todd) 

56 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Think yesterday showed we are way too out our depth with so many players missing. Constant mistakes and defence collapsing when put under any sort of pressure. We got away with it last week as Morton are dross, but when you start playing teams around our level, you’re going to get hammered. 

All in, that’s Todd, Bene, Breen, Tod, Allan, Summers, KRH missing. That’s fucking horrendous going. Our captain and our best player, plus Summers (who looks a class above) all missing is so frustrating. Yesterday was screaming out for Summers and Todd to be the difference in the middle, as well as Bene being in the centre to organise everything. P*sh! 

I know Breen is back in training tomorrow but what is the likelihood of any of the above mentioned being back? Don’t think I have seen anything anywhere about timescales (except Todd) 

Bene been cutting about the place but Todd and KRH nowhere near returning to training so be a while before we see any of them unfortunately, I think.

Finally subjected myself to the highlights; Sharp’s howler for the second goal was even worse than his mistake at Inverness IMO. Atrocious and Mehmet needs to come back in next week.

Judging by the size of the crowd it doesn’t seem most Thistle fans knew there was a game on and didn’t bother showing up.

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Judging by the size of the crowd it doesn’t seem most Thistle fans knew there was a game on and didn’t bother showing up.

The attendance was 3700 yesterday, with over 3k home fans.

Which for a run of the mill league game is pretty much at the high end of where our support has been for the past decade or so.

Weird crowdwank/trolling attempt tbh.