Partick vs Pars

We took 811 to Hampden for the Queen’s Park game 10 days ago and have won our last two games playing some great football. Appreciate the Hampden factor may have played a part in some fans travelling, but I would be amazed if we didn’t have a similar number planning to go on Saturday.

if the capacity in the JHS 500 I can see us being shoved back to the Main Stand once the tickets start to shift.

Nice early crowdwank to start the day.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Can’t be expecting to bring more than 400 or 500 through, as thats all that section holds.

1 hour ago, Weegie Par said:

We took 811 to Hampden for the Queen’s Park game 10 days ago and have won our last two games playing some great football. Appreciate the Hampden factor may have played a part in some fans travelling, but I would be amazed if we didn’t have a similar number planning to go on Saturday.

if the capacity in the JHS 500 I can see us being shoved back to the Main Stand once the tickets start to shift.

Nice early crowdwank to start the day.

The tarp divider could be moved further along the stand to create more space in the JHS away area. It wasn’t always this small a section, and at a guess the capacity in that area was somewhere just over 1000 back when it was first used for away fans - it’s been a long time since we changed the size of the JH away end though, so I’d guess it’s very unlikely this would happen for Saturday.

I’d be surprised if Dunfermline were bringing less than 500, and it’ll be an awfully tight squeeze in the JHS current away section if they are, so aye, you may get shifted to the CW.

26 minutes ago, parsboi said:

They’ve not even started selling away tickets yet so pretty convinced we’ll be in the old main stand.  

They were on sale yesterday for the Jackie Husband stand but the website is now showing 'Event not live' so would anticipate we will be back in the Main Stand when it reappears.

Onto the game, really looking forward to it. We will be full of confidence and Thistle will be looking to bounce back from a shocker last week, should be a cracker. Would happily play the same team that started on Saturday given the performance in the first half. 

2-1 Pars.

Gutted to be missing this one. Think it could be game of the week in the championship. 

We just have such a likeable group and after the last two matches we seem to finding a real rythm to our play, despite having some key players out. We really looked a level above Morton on Saturday. 

This will be a tougher game though. I've enjoyed all of the Partick games I've seen on TV since Doolan took over. 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Lewis Martin scored for us and they got a last-gasp equaliser that was three weeks offside?

Sure it was Euan Murray that scored for us? Yeah, think Brian Graham ran from inside the goal/on the line when the ball was played, to score the late equaliser. 

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Sure it was Euan Murray that scored for us? Yeah, think Brian Graham ran from inside the goal/on the line when the ball was played, to score the late equaliser. 

Aye, you’re right. I remember it was like a squibbed corner from Dom that was either a total fluke or sheer genius.

I don’t think we’ve controlled an entire game from start to finish this season. Even during the thrashings we dished out to Morton and Ayr, we looked really ropey for long periods. 

This game on Saturday really could be anything. Over 2.5 goals is the only prediction I could make with any confidence.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Lewis Martin scored for us and they got a last-gasp equaliser that was three weeks offside?

I don’t think it was offside, I think Graham probably fouled the keeper prior to scoring and the Pars players were obviously unhappy the foul in the build up wasn’t given. If I remember rightly, for us it was an almost carbon copy of our previous home match against QoS where we totally dominated them but couldn’t score (with the exception that obviously Graham did eventually score but even then wasn’t enough to win).

20 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I don’t think it was offside, I think Graham probably fouled the keeper prior to scoring and the Pars players were obviously unhappy the foul in the build up wasn’t given. If I remember rightly, for us it was an almost carbon copy of our previous home match against QoS where we totally dominated them but couldn’t score (with the exception that obviously Graham did eventually score but even then wasn’t enough to win).

Haven’t watched it back since the immediate aftermath of the game, but I seem to recall Graham being about a yard offside when the ball was kicked. He was back onside by the time he headed the ball in which might explain why the linesman missed it, but I’m sure he was off at the time of the cross.

Edited by Nightmare

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The tarp divider could be moved further along the stand to create more space in the JHS away area. It wasn’t always this small a section, and at a guess the capacity in that area was somewhere just over 1000 back when it was first used for away fans - it’s been a long time since we changed the size of the JH away end though, so I’d guess it’s very unlikely this would happen for Saturday.

I’d be surprised if Dunfermline were bringing less than 500, and it’ll be an awfully tight squeeze in the JHS current away section if they are, so aye, you may get shifted to the CW.

Not sure how much room there might be to shift it - I guess it depends if Season Tickets have been sold in there.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Not sure how much room there might be to shift it - I guess it depends if Season Tickets have been sold in there.

I think there is room to move it right and  into next seating block without affecting Season Ticket Holders .

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Ticketing seems like a bit of a shambles at Thistle. Website says away support in Jackie Husband stand, ticketing link says Colin Weir stand. Anyone bought a ticket and able to confirm what that says?

Website now says Colin Weir after saying Jackie Husband on Sunday.Colin Weir makes more  sense given your level of support.Maybe best give office a call tomorrow to confirm .

59 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Website now says Colin Weir after saying Jackie Husband on Sunday.Colin Weir makes more  sense given your level of support.Maybe best give office a call tomorrow to confirm .

Spoke to someone in the know and confirmed as Colin Weir for away fans .