Ayr United v Raith Rovers - 30/09/23

3 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Btw how did that auld boy at Right Back stay on the park ?

I said that at the time. Probably because the referee had no clue what he was doing.. I was surprised everyone stayed on during the handbags scuffle after McAllister got elbowed in the face as well.

There was no needle in the first half at all but he kept giving free kicks for nothing and ignoring blatant ones.It didn't affect the result at all but seemed to annoy absolutely everyone

Just now, davidkennedyshand said:

I said that at the time. Probably because the referee had no clue what he was doing.. I was surprised everyone stayed on during the handbags scuffle after McAllister got elbowed in the face as well.

There was no needle in the first half at all but he kept giving free kicks for nothing and ignoring blatant ones.It didn't affect the result at all but seemed to annoy absolutely everyone

Think we all agree the ref was pish 

Impressive that a referee more incompetent and staggeringly inconsistent than Colin Steven exists but there you go.

Raith seemed ghost through Ayr in the first half, personally from the Somerset Road end the first Raith goal looked like a cracking finish.

Much better second half from Ayr, Dowds looks like he could be useful for us. Raith keeper made an excellent stop from Chalmers at one point.

2 hours ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Absolute fukin cheating b*****ds

There was an auld boot with purple hair that looked like she stole Megs tail, kept that up the whole of the second half.

I hope her bitterness gnaws at her for the rest of the week.

24 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

There was an auld boot with purple hair that looked like she stole Megs tail, kept that up the whole of the second half.

I hope her bitterness gnaws at her for the rest of the week.

Claught her by the rump,

And left poor Maggie scarce o' stump.

Some nice play from Raith.

Good bit of noise from their support in the main stand.

Too much gamesmanship for my liking (and I’m being very kind here).

Ref and linos were abysmal - absolutely abysmal.

Glimpses from Ayr.

One of the most respected and poignant minute’s silence I’ve ever witnessed.  Well done all 👏🏻

RIP Robbie

9 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Some nice play from Raith.

Good bit of noise from their support in the main stand.

Too much gamesmanship for my liking (and I’m being very kind here).

Ref and linos were abysmal - absolutely abysmal.

Glimpses from Ayr.

One of the most respected and poignant minute’s silence I’ve ever witnessed.  Well done all 👏🏻

RIP Robbie

Fair play to Lee, he said to the bench 'I know it's raining, but everyone stand up and get out and show respect' 

Game of two halves that.

1st half we looked fantastic, pressing with two or three players rather than the non existent pressing last Saturday. Passing was sharp and two lovely goals.

Felt we needed a 3rd and it proved correct..almost. The way to play Ayr was exactly how it was done in the 1st - ball on the deck. They’re full of giant specimens and we lost our way a little. Big Kev gained us a point with an outstanding fingertip save but he was the sole reason there was panic and unease amongst our support / players with his hesitancy and some poor kicking. 

Stanton is class, Easton is special and Byrne is quietly becoming an absolute standout. 

Based on their 2nd half performance I don’t see Ayr being in trouble.

BTW why do Ayr use 3 year old toddlers as ball boys who don’t actually fetch the ball. Nobody behind big Kev in the 1st half until you went 2-0 down.

7 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

BTW why do Ayr use 3 year old toddlers as ball boys who don’t actually fetch the ball. Nobody behind big Kev in the 1st half until you went 2-0 down.

Ayr have the biggest off-field staff we have ever had, we have staff covering every aspect of the sport on and off the park. We have a chairman, CEO and MD.

Some of the stuff that is happening at the club just now is brilliant and it will see the club on a secure footing for generations.

Some of it is below amateur. Bizarre and embarrassing.