How many Weetabix would you consider excessive?

On 30/09/2023 at 12:05, Big Gus said:

Any more than 2 are basically a brick shit in your future.

How shite are the various "own brand" Weetabix btw? Pure pish.

I don't find the own brand ones that bad, the price difference certainly isn't an indicator of the difference. Nearly a fucking fiver for 36 bits of wheat. f**k that.

57 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't find the own brand ones that bad, the price difference certainly isn't an indicator of the difference. Nearly a fucking fiver for 36 bits of wheat. f**k that.

The only own brand breakfast cereals I don't buy are corn flakes, crunchy nut cornflakes and frosties, where the difference between Kellogg's and own brand is night a day. For other types, I really don't see the difference. 

23 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

The only own brand breakfast cereals I don't buy are corn flakes, crunchy nut cornflakes and frosties, where the difference between Kellogg's and own brand is night a day. For other types, I really don't see the difference. 

Some of the own brand stuff is surprisingly good. My son was mad about Crunchy Nut Clusters when he was wee, and both the Tesco and Lidl own brand versions were pretty much as good as the original (also half the price). Own brand Corn Flakes were always a disappointment, however.

Off-brand Alpen is almost always garbage, although I tried Asda's yellow-bag Essentials version a while back and it was basically Alpen with the sugar removed (so not very nice). However, sprinkle about half a pound of sugar on and it's Alpen at a third of the cost. Staggering when you get to see just how much sugar is actually in these things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2023 at 21:10, Boo Khaki said:

Bet you probably think nothing of eating breakfast cereal at 10pm anaw. 🤬

Yet another of the millions of reasons that finally accumulated to the point whereby I could no longer live with Ex.

At least she didn't have my brother's habit of chomping on the spoon and playing the bowl like a fucking steel drum. 

I work night so I normally eat proper Lunch, Dinner then breakfast at 11pm before I go off to work, my wife calls it second dinner but it’s definitely my breakfast.

4 is a normal amount in my experience 

On 02/10/2023 at 20:13, Derry Alli said:

Any more than 3 at once is just sheer silly. Fibre flakes is the way to go but I'm mostly an overnight oats guy.

I used to love Weetabix warmed up with milk and have only just realised I could heat my oats up.

A heated oat based cereal? You’re fucking mental!