St Mirren v Alex Rae’s Sevco Zombies

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

What’s the script with brother Walsh does he genuinely coach a Rangers youth team ? Or is it a myth ? 

I think he works for them teaching the youngsters the rules of the game, not sure if this is as an employee of the club of some sort of freelance type set up. 

5 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

What’s the script with brother Walsh does he genuinely coach a Rangers youth team ? Or is it a myth ? 

He is a PE teacher at a school in bearsden that Rangers send some of their Academy players to. 

So he doesn’t coach a Rangers Youth team but will almost certainly know some of the younger rangers players from their school days. 

On 04/10/2023 at 09:57, pozbaird said:

I think, for a lot of their supporters, at times like this they must go through a mental checklist to decide if they’ll respect a minute’s silence, disrupt a minute’s silence, join in with a minute’s applause, ignore a minute’s applause, or boo, just fcuking boo. I reckon their mental process is like this… as much as their mental capacity allows. Not a lot…

1. Who’s this fur’?

2. Wis’ he a Timm?

3. Did he play fur’ ‘them’?

4. Did he play fur’ anyone else we don’t like?

5. Did we have him marked doon’ as a kunt?

6. Are we sure he wisnae’ a Timm?

7. St Mirren and Aberdeen? Fcuking Aberdeen? 

8. That St Mirren Chairman. We dinnae’ like that kunt.

Check complete. Decision is in. Brain cell (singular) says…. Booooo!

You're missing out the most important question

Whit school did he go tae?

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Most of our team looks extremely low on confidence and it won't take much for the fans to get on their backs.

I've already received two texts tonight from Zombies claiming that we're going to take the points on Sunday. 

Your players earn ~8 times what ours get. You should pump us. No excuses. The pressure's all on you.

44 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

As a Celtic fan I’m not sure who I want to win tbh. 

Yes, its a difficult one. Do you want your main challengers for the league to drop points, or Rangers. A draw probably suits you best.

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

As a Celtic fan I’m not sure who I want to win tbh. 

That's not really a surprise, you're not called "the cheeks" for nothing, Sellick fans second team is Sevco & vice versa - FTOF 

Rangers in disarray, devoid of confidence, St Mirren unbeaten with a strong home record going back over a year.

Too much optimism for me. It'll be a sore one should Rangers run out comfortable winners. 

I guess fans of every team say the same, but I always feel when teams are in desperate need of a result, we often oblige.

On second thoughts, they are shite and we're brilliant. 4-0 Saints.

45 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I always feel when teams are in desperate need of a result, we often oblige.

We have seen this so many times down the years. 

Hopefully we have turned back the clock to the late 70s and early 80s and pump these bigots. 

I just would love Zack Hemmings to be picked up on the sideline TV microphones saying “Bring on the dancing girls!” after a 3-0 first half blitz similar to what we did to Livingston last season. 

Could we see Robbo do a di Canio style knee slide in front of the main stand? 😂 

The odds are definitely still against us but it’s nice to have hope!

The two “OF” clubs, football authorities, the tv companies and the sponsors do not want an underperforming arse cheek. But sometimes the good guys and gals win. 

Sometimes.

I still would not underestimate a team with so much resources as the Govan goons. 

Ultimately our team need to be all playing really well 

FTOF

COYS

18 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Ultimately our team need to be all playing really well 

FTOF

COYS

This is the crux of it. Rangers are in a bad way but they've still got some good players that are capable of punishing us.

Let's hope we get right in their faces and make them have another off day.

In all the years I’ve been watching St Mirren I can hardly remember a time when either half of the cheeks lost 2 league games in a row. 

I think we go into Sundays game with guarded optimism and nothing less. Old firm teams are more dangerous when they’ve come off the back of a couple of defeats.

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

In all the years I’ve been watching St Mirren I can hardly remember a time when either half of the cheeks lost 2 league games in a row. 

I think we go into Sundays game with guarded optimism and nothing less. Old firm teams are more dangerous when they’ve come off the back of a couple of defeats.

This.

I'm not in the slightest bit comfortable about all the 'St. Mirren are certs to beat us on Sunday' and '6/1 is a steal' type bellowing coming from Rangers supporters.

Rangers still have far better players than we do and the combination of us being undefeated and Rangers in an absolute shambles and expecting nothing from us on Sunday doesn't sit well with me. I'd say it's the same old story with us expected to beat a team and shitting the bed, but it's not. I don't remember a time we've ever played either arsecheek and been genuinely fancied to get a win by the arsecheek supporters.

What I will say though is that I always feel a little bit more comfortable playing a team on the back of a European midweek away trip but all of these things just stacking up seemingly in our favour gives me the unbudging feeling that something's gonny go tits up.