Raith Rovers vs Dundee United

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Interesting.  The camera work so far this season certainly seems poorer than previous seasons.

It's an AI powered ball tracker, so if it spots something in motion that's ball shaped it will track it. Also programmed to set to middle and each goal.

Absolutely atrocious most of the time.

Most cameras you see on highlights in the Championship are manned (including Rovers). Don’t know what United’s set up is but Pixelott AI cameras are installed at every ground, however not often used by the clubs for highlights, they are instead used for an SPFL streaming service. Folk watching illegal streams quite often watch the pixelot feed thinking it is a club TV feed.

4 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Most cameras you see on highlights in the Championship are manned (including Rovers). Don’t know what United’s set up is but Pixelott AI cameras are installed at every ground, however not often used by the clubs for highlights, they are instead used for an SPFL streaming service. Folk watching illegal streams quite often watch the pixelot feed thinking it is a club TV feed.

What is the spfl streaming service? It's the first iv heard of that existing. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

What is the spfl streaming service? It's the first iv heard of that existing. 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-press-release-47047

this is what the AI cameras were installed for. I don’t know if it is still on the go now though. I should have typed ‘were’ instead of ‘are’.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

It's an AI powered ball tracker, so if it spots something in motion that's ball shaped it will track it. Also programmed to set to middle and each goal.

I know what you’re referring to, I recall something like this at a cup game at Brechin from a few seasons ago.  It was farcical.

I’m not sure DUTV use that.

29 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-press-release-47047

this is what the AI cameras were installed for. I don’t know if it is still on the go now though. I should have typed ‘were’ instead of ‘are’.

I knew they where installed around that time at every ground but didn't know it was part of some sort of larger streaming service, cheers. 

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

Pixelott AI cameras are installed at every ground.

Captured a frame from the match where you can see the Pixelott camera head in frame. At Stark’s Park, it’s located very nearly on the halfway line, up in the Railway Stand, to the left of the camera gantry RaithTV use as you look at the stand. It’s the off white cylinder to the right here, with four lenses on the cylinder covering the whole pitch and a wide sensor window/slot on the bottom.

IMG_0640.thumb.png.9899640f3149497b30adfbe42b735811.png

IMG_0641.thumb.jpeg.4d2e1f9394e25c54bc9e751281150892.jpeg

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

United brought more yesterday than I've ever seen Dundee bring to Stark's Park.

They will turn out in numbers when the goings good, albeit in the Chumpionship, however when they were needed to back their team, they were nowhere to be seen.

2nd May 2016. Lowest ever away support in a derby.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

They will turn out in numbers when the goings good, albeit in the Chumpionship, however when they were needed to back their team, they were nowhere to be seen.

2nd May 2016. Lowest ever away support in a derby.

Thank you.

But we’re discussing how many you bring when both teams who were/are labelled as the big favourites to win the league actually bring to the occasion. As the poster says your team are a clear second to us and we did this in extreme conditions of weather where loads of folks travel plans were disrupted. Forever in our shadow. Get used to it big gub.

19 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

We trialed this a couple of seasons back and it is awful.

First game we had a near side bald headed linesman and the camera zoned in on his ball shaped bald heed, so instead of the game we were watching the linesman running back and forth.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

We trialed this a couple of seasons back and it is awful.

First game we had a near side bald headed linesman and the camera zoned in on his ball shaped bald heed, so instead of the game we were watching the linesman running back and forth.

Yeah, that’s why I don’t think that’s what we use.  I saw a similar thing a few seasons back with such technology and digital advertising boards up the side of the pitch.  It was chaos.

19 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

But we’re discussing how many you bring when both teams who were/are labelled as the big favourites to win the league actually bring to the occasion. As the poster says your team are a clear second to us and we did this in extreme conditions of weather where loads of folks travel plans were disrupted. Forever in our shadow. Get used to it big gub.

4 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

United will always be the GIANTS of Dundee, deal with it Dee’s

😎