Raith Rovers vs Dundee United

14 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Fair result, awful ref with weird decisions on both sides. 

Very much this, it was a decent watch and I think Murray will be happy with how we've competed with United despite a reshuffle in defence and a weaker bench than usual. 

Bigger crowd did mean a few rockets floating about the place today. Also took fucking ages to get through the turnstiles.

I think both sets of fans will be happy enough with what they saw. 

14 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Shaun Byrne is a Rover, if we have the cash he should be signed, same with Sam. First half was the Rovers, the second blah blah. A draw was inevitable. Can I say Millen was brilliant again.

I'm a huge Ross Millen fan but I thought he struggled a bit today. Not that anything came of it. There were definitely four or five players you felt might have been man of the match.

An excellent point given the circumstances. 

13 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Shaun Byrne is a Rover, if we have the cash he should be signed, same with Sam. First half was the Rovers, the second blah blah. A draw was inevitable. Can I say Millen was brilliant again.

Millen's crossing was good as usual, but he was being given a fucking torrid time down that side today.

Good point given we were missing Watson and Hamilton.  Bit disappointing that we struggled to do much in the second half to get the crowd going.  Although the ref seemed to be doing his best to get everybody riled up.

Is your Raith TV run by volunteers? So much better than our version, and a lot of mainstream content too actually, commentary included which was professional and balanced unlike our lot. Although the main man didn't let his colleague get much of a word in. Quite liked the wee snippets at half time too about a striker getting lifted for fighting outside a Perth nightclub and 'long serving' manager Tommy McLean 

Draw definitely a fair outcome, for me Raith were the better team 1st half but Utd were much the better in the 2nd, both had chances to take all 3 points and a couple of great saves from big Kev kept us in it. When we broke in the 2nd didn't for me create any real good chances, couple of stramashes were possibly our best chance of getting a 2nd goal. Really poor free kick from Gullan, straight at the keeper.

Referee was a complete w****r, didn't let the game flow and let some challenges go whilst blowing his whistle for some pretty innocuous things.

Hopefully we can hang on to Dundee  Utd and not let them go too far clear, as has been mentioned I reckon they will win the league but I think we are looking good for the playoffs and 2nd would be a big bonus.,

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Is your Raith TV run by volunteers? So much better than our version, and a lot of mainstream content too actually, commentary included which was professional and balanced unlike our lot. Although the main man didn't let his colleague get much of a word in. Quite liked the wee snippets at half time too about a striker getting lifted for fighting outside a Perth nightclub and 'long serving' manager Tommy McLean 

Yeah, they volunteer their time, also do a lot of stuff during the week with interviews and plenty of other stuff, the highlights package is usually 1st class. 

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

All volunteers and have absolutely no biases. We know United have the quality. We matched them throughout the game. A draw was a fair result. 

Fair result as has been said.

Kevs made some big saves, dare I say he’s starting to look real good. Utd had a couple of chances in the 1st half where anyone standing in the 6 yard box they score.

We had a solid penalty shout for handball and a few other half chances. 

Just wish we didn’t stand off them as much in the second half or had found a second in the first. 

Fantastic to see a near 7000 crowd on a windy wet Saturday. 

Two good teams and a decent game.

Our next home league game (Pars) should see a similar crowd.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Any idea what the actual f**k the Dundee Utd team bus was doing parked at the bottom of the ramp? 4000 folk coming out who can’t get past, plus an ambulance blocked in. Incredible to think Dundee Utd have asked for the bus to be there. 

I remember Brown did that too. His security detail made it a nightmare to exit after an emphatic win…… or was it a draw🤣🤣

A few weeks ago I went past just after half 5 and saw the ICT bus parked in a similar spot with the players coming out of the stand, no need for it to be parked there right after the game though.

Edited by Ginaro