Raith Rovers vs Dundee United

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

This has been a very chilled match thread I must say 😅

I’ve found the posters on most of the threads in this division to be good fun; bit of banter without any real nastiness.  Attempts to wind up opposing fans laughed off rather than engaged with.

The exception being the Morton fans who definitely take this too seriously and many of whom have a nasty edge to their posts.

7 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Absolutely, given that last season we would have been 1000-1200 at most, the guys in charge of the social media are absolutely on the money, no pun intended

In fairness it’s not every week your supporters get the chance to watch a team of United’s pedigree.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

In fairness it’s not every week your supporters get the chance to watch a team of United’s pedigree.

Your in this league for one reason only, get used to it, you might actually like it

The camera work on Dundee United TV is awful but from what can be seen the marking for the Raith goal was appalling.   I hope Raith also have highlights because they must be better than ours and I’d really like to see a different coverage.

As an aside I think DUTV must have a different camera person this season, a far less capable one.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The camera work on Dundee United TV is awful but from what can be seen the marking for the Raith goal was appalling.   I hope Raith also have highlights because they must be better than ours and I’d really like to see a different coverage.

As an aside I think DUTV must have a different camera person this season, a far less capable one.

Fill yer boots.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Thanks.  As I thought terrible defending on our part.

Watching you score 60 seconds after awarding a free kick that should never have been given is a kick in the flute. 
Cracking couple of saves by big Kev though..oh and that’s a penalty for me.

The highlights package we produce is easily the best outside the top flight and I’d imagine better than some of those too. 

Handball shout isn’t a penalty for me, too close and I would be pretty annoyed if it was given against us. Happily admit I have no clue on the handball rule anymore though.

I’ve been one of Dabrowski’s biggest fans since he joined and glad to see him winning others over now too but I think most of the saves he made are ones you’d expect him to make. The exception being the point blank save in the second half which is excellent. The stop right at the end is better than I thought at the time too, still expect him to make it but it’s a good save, particularly getting it well away from danger.

Good point and a draw definitely the fair result over the 90 minutes. Both teams deserve credit for a very watchable game given the conditions. Dundee United will win the league pretty comfortably IMO but matching them over 90 minutes with our most experienced defender missing, our captain playing out of position and our main (only) number 9 out should give the players and support some confidence for the rest of the season.

Edited by R.R.FC

9 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Handball shout isn’t a penalty for me, too close and I would be pretty annoyed if it was given against us. Happily admit I have no clue on the handball rule anymore though.

I’ve been one of Dabrowski’s biggest fans since he joined and glad to see him winning others over now too but I think most of the saves he made are ones you’d expect him to make. The exception being the point blank save in the second half which is excellent. The stop right at the end is better than I thought at the time too, still expect him to make it but it’s a good save, particularly getting it well away from danger.

Good point and a draw definitely the fair result over the 90 minutes. Both teams deserve credit for a very watchable game given the conditions. Dundee United will win the league pretty comfortably IMO but matching them over 90 minutes with our most experienced defender missing, our captain playing out of position and our main (only) number 9 out should give the players and support some confidence for the rest of the season.

Given the inconsistency of the ref yesterday, had there been a similar incident in our box after our claim he probably would have given it.

14 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

6,000 plus crowd and we didn’t lose 

few folks pusses shut right there 👍

10 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Absolutely, given that last season we would have been 1000-1200 at most, the guys in charge of the social media are absolutely on the money, no pun intended

Only 3000 fans for the games with Dundee last season. Seems that United are the bigger draw.

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Yeah the point blank save was exceptional and that last save was good because he must have seen it late and as you say, he did really well to push it out of danger. 

He does like to turn a routine save into 'one for the cameras' though!

I really wasn't impressed by Dundee United. They really lacked an identity or a singularity of purpose that you'd expect from a team heavily favoured to win the league. 

They almost certainly will win the league, but Goodwin's tactical and strategic approach doesn't look to go much beyond "You're better players than most others in this division, go out and play football for 90 minutes". As I say, it probably will come off over the course of the season, Moult on his own is a cut above anyone else and he'll win plenty points on his own, but it can't be much fun to watch. 

Fotheringham and Glass looked like lost wee boys in the first half, coughing up possession again and again. I lost count of the number of times someone in United's midfield was too slow and found themselves being snapped into by Shaun Byrne or Sam Stanton. 

It's a reference point I go to a lot, but it felt like watching Barry Smith's League One Rovers side. There never seemed to be any sort of cohesion or attempt to mould a unit that could be better than the sum of its parts. Just an acknowledgement that you've got better players than the opposition and that over a 36 game season you'll win more games than you don't on that basis alone. 

Happy enough with a point. Think Euan Murray deserves credit alongside the likes of Byrne, Dabrowski and Easton for his display in defence. Annoying to concede from a corner again though.

United fans calling out Easton for ‘diving’ and making the most of contact obviously close their eyes when Tony Watt goes near a defender. Embarrassing stuff. Also seemed keen to ref the game himself, Willie Miller style.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Think 99% of the teams in the champ have the robo AI cams installed now, including United.

41 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Happy enough with a point. Think Euan Murray deserves credit alongside the likes of Byrne, Dabrowski and Easton for his display in defence. Annoying to concede from a corner again though.

United fans calling out Easton for ‘diving’ and making the most of contact obviously close their eyes when Tony Watt goes near a defender. Embarrassing stuff. Also seemed keen to ref the game himself, Willie Miller style.

Yeah, Watt's a cheat as well.

1 hour ago, Rover the Moon said:

Rovers fans calling out Watt for ‘diving’ and making the most of contact obviously close their eyes when Dylan Easton goes near a defender. Embarrassing stuff. Also seemed keen to ref the game himself, Willie Miller style.

;)

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Think 99% of the teams in the champ have the robo AI cams installed now, including United.

Interesting.  The camera work so far this season certainly seems poorer than previous seasons.