Raith Rovers vs Dundee United

Felt there wasn’t much between the teams and a draw was a fair result. We pressed United well and they seemed to want too much time on the ball. 
There isn’t enough swear words in the world to describe how bad that ref was, but he is just another ref that is terrible, most across scotland are. Actually, all of them are. Two words that i have used again and again about them, inconsistent and incompetent. 

Edited by buchan30

Decent game considering the conditions.

Draw fair result. Saying that Dabrowski made a couple o cracking saves in the 2nd half.

Lot being said about the ref.Aye a few questionable decisions for both teams but players don’t make it easy with they way they act.Thought Raith had a stonewall penalty not given for handball in 2nd half-highlights will be interesting.

As a Raith fan probably a good point considering Watson was missing at the back which meant we lost the drive of our Brown in midfield and Hamilton missing up front.

1 minute ago, SerieA said:

Decent game considering the conditions.

Draw fair result. Saying that Dabrowski made a couple o cracking saves in the 2nd half.

Lot being said about the ref.Aye a few questionable decisions for both teams but players don’t make it easy with they way they act.Thought Raith had a stonewall penalty not given for handball in 2nd half-highlights will be interesting.

As a Raith fan probably a good point considering Watson was missing at the back which meant we lost the drive of our Brown in midfield and Hamilton missing up front.

thought that myself at the time, however having had time to think about it there's not a lot the defender could do to get his hand out of the way, that said the ref clearly indicated that it came off his chest, absolute fucking clown of a guy.

Really didn’t think much of Kevin Holt today. Didn’t look comfortable with the ball at his feet and where on earth was he at our goal? Vaughan standing 8 yards out with no Dundee Utd player within 10 yards. Liked him at Thistle but he was stinking today. 

Agree with pretty much everything that's been said. We edged the first half, but whether through choice or not, we backed off a bit too much in the second half and United had the best of it barring a flurry of pressure we had with 10 or 15 minutes left. Having said that, United have certainly got some quality in their team and I'm more than happy with the draw, especially without Watson and Hamilton. 

55 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'm a huge Ross Millen fan but I thought he struggled a bit today. Not that anything came of it. There were definitely four or five players you felt might have been man of the match.

An excellent point given the circumstances. 

Against Quick and Skillful players he does struggle a bit but I thought he done fine but again it’s the same old thing that is killing us not defending balls into the box/ it’s not like teams are cutting us open at will 

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Really didn’t think much of Kevin Holt today. Didn’t look comfortable with the ball at his feet and where on earth was he at our goal? Vaughan standing 8 yards out with no Dundee Utd player within 10 yards. Liked him at Thistle but he was stinking today. 

Holt plays on the left side of the pair so if anyone was out of position, it was Gallacher, but, without having seen a replay, I'd be content to say that it was just an excellent early cross and good work by Vaughan in finding space. Holt has been absolutely superb for United all season and I didn't see anything from him today from a United perspective to criticise. I suspect this is more to do with the contretemps between Holt and the Raith player in the box which saw them both carded. 

Edited by Pull My Strings
Fat fingers

41 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Holt plays on the left side of the pair so if anyone was out of position, it was Gallacher, but, without having seen a replay, I'd be content to say that it was just an excellent early cross and good work by Vaughan in finding space. Holt has been absolutely superb for United all season and I didn't see anything from him today from a United perspective to criticise. I suspect this is more to do with the contretemps between Holt and the Raith player in the box which saw them both carded. 

I forgot about his ridiculous dive in the first half. Arms flailing and everything. And then had the gall to confront Dylan Easton for calling him a diver (and likely other words in there too). Both of them carded for that, by a referee who had completely lost the plot. Thought other than that he was fine, not great, but just fine. Liam Grimshaw on the other hand... must have one of the worst touches i've ever seen on a player at this level. Pretty sure he felt that the ball was a grenade or something. Absolute shocker from start to finish.

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I forgot about his ridiculous dive in the first half. Arms flailing and everything. And then had the gall to confront Dylan Easton for calling him a diver (and likely other words in there too). Both of them carded for that, by a referee who had completely lost the plot. Thought other than that he was fine, not great, but just fine. Liam Grimshaw on the other hand... must have one of the worst touches i've ever seen on a player at this level. Pretty sure he felt that the ball was a grenade or something. Absolute shocker from start to finish.

Did that happen? I don't recall a dive from Holt, or indeed any sort of claim (although we were 100 yards away). Are you sure it was Holt? Easton, on the other hand, I do recall. Decent player but does like a wee dive and roll around. It would be a nice irony if Easton was calling someone else a cheat.

Thought United were coping with the surface quite well but there must be a tipping point when it's wet as a few were like bambi on ice by the end.

Didn't really see any need for Vaughan to wind up the United fans after his goal...not a fan of that...unless you've been getting pelters previously 

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Did that happen? I don't recall a dive from Holt, or indeed any sort of claim (although we were 100 yards away). Are you sure it was Holt? Easton, on the other hand, I do recall. Decent player but does like a wee dive and roll around. It would be a nice irony if Easton was calling someone else a cheat.

Aye thats why they were both booked after a goalmouth scramble. Holt (number 4) threw himself over and claimed, Easton called him on it, shoving then booked by the ref. It was ridiculous start to finish to be fair.

Just now, Big Shedboy said:

Thought United were coping with the surface quite well but there must be a tipping point when it's wet as a few were like bambi on ice by the end.

Didn't really see any need for Vaughan to wind up the United fans after his goal...not a fan of that...unless you've been getting pelters previously 

I'm all for players shithousing the fans, however like you said only if they have been taking some abuse

7 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Must admit I wondered that too. Has there been some beef in the past? I wasn't aware of any.

11 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Aye thats why they were both booked after a goalmouth scramble. Holt (number 4) threw himself over and claimed, Easton called him on it, shoving then booked by the ref. It was ridiculous start to finish to be fair.

Aye, we were a hundred yards away. Could just about make out the argument but no sense of what caused it. Really rich of Easton if that's what it was.

Yes, Holt's number 4.

Really did enjoy that today. A blood and guts encounter played out in abysmal conditions. Cracking support from both sets of supporters, especially Utd given the lack of rail travel options. Thought we played really well, given we were missing one of our 2 main centre halves and our main number 9. First half we fully deserved to be ahead. Vaughan with another goal, just managed to find himself somehow - inexplicably - completely alone 8 yards out after a world class ball in from Josh Mullin. Really unlucky with the initial header and perhaps somewhat lucky to have the ball come right back to him but tucked it away well when it did. 

Second half different story and we were on the back foot from the off. Felt like we probably should have moved away from the 2 up front earlier and got an extra man in the middle of the park to try and get more of a foot hold, but we rallied well and actually had 2 or 3 chances later on in the half which we could’ve scored from. 

Kev Dabrowski had his best game for us, he was superb. Pushed all his saves away wide of the goal and gathered what he had to. Really happy for him. Byrne, too, was excellent in the middle of the park and put in a hell of a shift. Man of the match for me however was Dylan Easton. Carried the ball forward every time he got it, rarely lost it and worked his arse off defensively. A proper performance. 

Crowd was good. Made a good bit of noise and got behind the team. Great to have these sorts of days back at Starks Park again.