Raith Rovers vs Dundee United

13 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I think there was an email saying that about 95% had voted in favour of giving the stand to Dundee United fans and that Rovers would be contacting those who had already bought tickets for the stand to get them housed elsewhere.

Yeah there was.

However if your a casual fan not signed up for the emails, and you missed the fb post a few days ago, then there is nothing on the Raith website or Fanbase to suggest the Railway Stand is now for United fans.

Tickets for that section are on sale, so could be bought in error by Raith fans.

I think this will be a real tasty encounter. Both teams are playing well and flying at the moment. 
It’s not one I’d like to put on my coupon, but it’s definitely a highlights package I’m looking forward to seeing. 

5 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I think this will be a real tasty encounter. Both teams are playing well and flying at the moment. 
It’s not one I’d like to put on my coupon, but it’s definitely a highlights package I’m looking forward to seeing. 

BTTS a shoo in for me

Just now, Beachbum said:

Both teams to score

Jings! it’s obvious now. Thanks mate. 
There’s lots of thing that happens on here I’d love to get involved with, but no clue how to do it. 
I can’t work out how to post pictures, videos or gifs. I’ve no idea how to highlight parts of a post in bold print. I see multiple quotes in one post, that’s witchcraft to me. 
Im sure someone will sit with me at some point to walk me through it. 

On 04/10/2023 at 11:03, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I think crowd size being mentioned is a good thing. 

Simply because it’s been great to see local punters of Kirkcaldy coming out to see their local team especially against the backdrop of austerity.

They've been rewarded by 5 wins and a draw from 7 games.

An additional 1200/1300 fans against the likes of Morton, ICT etc should be celebrated and it’s a direct reflection of cracking work by the new board.

Anyway, Raith 2-1 Utd, Byrne brace.

I agree. Rovers are doing a good job of hyping this game through the crowd size thing, the ‘crowd capacity thermometer’ image, home vs away fan ticket sales etc in my opinion.  If this promotes more of a buzz to what should already be quite an appealling game (1st vs 2nd currently), and leads to a bigger crowd, then I’m all for it.

Full or nearly full stadiums always make for a good atmosphere…whether that is a 7,700 capacity, a 14,000 capacity or a 50,000 capacity stadium.

3 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Artificial surface at Starks Park, no chance game will be called off.

Goodwin will be reluctant to play Docherty on an artificial pitch and Moult, at best, will start on the bench.  That will weaken our team significantly.

If I’m right about Docherty I hope Goodwin plays Tillson along side Sibbald  and keeps Grimshaw at RB.

Docherty played on Ainslie Park earlier in the season.

I think there is a difference between 5g and the rubbish Killie and Dunfemline had put down originally.

Hopefully that's the case as we don't have strength and depth to chop and change the team for 4 tough league fixtures (Airdrie too) for no reason.

The story goes that when we were laying our pitch we accidentally specced a rugby base layer or something like that so the pitch is significantly better than other artificial surfaces, including Livingstons which was laid the same summer by the same company. 

5 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Yeah there was.

However if your a casual fan not signed up for the emails, and you missed the fb post a few days ago, then there is nothing on the Raith website or Fanbase to suggest the Railway Stand is now for United fans.

Tickets for that section are on sale, so could be bought in error by Raith fans.

When you click on a seat in the RS it takes you to price options and in brackets says 'away'. 

28 minutes ago, philpy said:

Note to self - keep money for a ticket.  Gutted to be missing this but only got myself to blame!!

Send me your bank account details along with, password and memorable information in a pm and I'll make sure to keep money for a ticket for you in future.