Raith Rovers vs Dundee United

Recent email from the club:

* Club considering giving Utd the away Railway Stand section.

* Dundee Utd have sold 2322 tickets with about 500 left in the North Stand. Dundee Utd expecting to sell 3000 away tickets and if given the Railway Stand would bump their allocation to 3300. If they were to fill the Railway Stand as well it would generate an additional £8,500 for the club. 

* Prior to suspending tickets sales in Railway Stand only 19 tickets had been bought for that section. 

* Club can relocate punters from that stand to South or Main Stand.

* At the moment 533 home tickets have been sold in addition to our 1,895 season ticket holders.

* Club anticipating an additional 500 to 1000 home tickets being purchsed before Saturday bringing home crowd to about 3,300. 

* Singing section folk in South Stand have said they plan to sit there for this game even if Railway Stand was an option. 

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If the singing section themselves have chucked it, it's a no brainer for me. 

The singing section folk haven't bought into it in the first place. They've always been up the back of the South Stand and I think only went in to the Railway Stand for the Dunfermline game. It was decent for the Dunfermline game but thereafter it's basically been 4 or 5 fans and the Community Foundation babysitting/Creche service. I believe the club did reach out to the group up the back of the stand to ask about moving to the Railway Stand for previous games and they said no. Begs the question why the club persevered with it thus far. Interestingly I did ask, in light of the singing section being a damp squib, if I could move back to the South Stand and was told no 😅

Good open communication from the club. 

From the numbers given it does seem the entire section nearest the Railway Stand in the North + the back couple of rows of the North are out of action (if you check the Montrose tickets you can see the two sections they have been given have the back two rows greyed out, and it was the same for this game) 

Would be good to know if there are plans to get these seats sorted for the odd big away support longer term.

Given the home Railway stand was closed due to the cost involved having an extra stand open, it seems wise to bin the singing section, and longer term reserve an area of the South for it.

57 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Recent email from the club:

* Club considering giving Utd the away Railway Stand section.

* Dundee Utd have sold 2322 tickets with about 500 left in the North Stand. Dundee Utd expecting to sell 3000 away tickets and if given the Railway Stand would bump their allocation to 3300. If they were to fill the Railway Stand as well it would generate an additional £8,500 for the club. 

* Prior to suspending tickets sales in Railway Stand only 19 tickets had been bought for that section. 

* Club can relocate punters from that stand to South or Main Stand.

* At the moment 533 home tickets have been sold in addition to our 1,895 season ticket holders.

* Club anticipating an additional 500 to 1000 home tickets being purchsed before Saturday bringing home crowd to about 3,300. 

* Singing section folk in South Stand have said they plan to sit there for this game even if Railway Stand was an option. 

It would be good if the home fans could buy enough tickets to match the away support.  :rolleyes:

It's a no-brainer to give the railway stand to United fans.

Extra revenue for Rovers and less chance of away fans ending up in the South Stand.

And above all, it's obscene to deprive fans of entry to a football ground when there is more than enough capacity to accommodate them.

Edited by Specky Ginger

53 minutes ago, Raithie said:

The singing section folk haven't bought into it in the first place. They've always been up the back of the South Stand and I think only went in to the Railway Stand for the Dunfermline game. It was decent for the Dunfermline game but thereafter it's basically been 4 or 5 fans and the Community Foundation babysitting/Creche service. I believe the club did reach out to the group up the back of the stand to ask about moving to the Railway Stand for previous games and they said no. Begs the question why the club persevered with it thus far. Interestingly I did ask, in light of the singing section being a damp squib, if I could move back to the South Stand and was told no 😅

Yep,singing section was never going to work housed in a stand at the opposite end of the ground to the main home support in the South Stand.Young lads feel totally detached from the main hub by the looks of it and dont blame them hence the reason for staying put  in the South Stand

If it had been possible to have housed them in the home end of RS I reckon it had a good chance of being successful

As Raithie says,so called singing section is no more than a creche/baby sitting service for parents to get a few hours to themselves.

The board need to put their man pants on and make the decision now and give those who have seasons or purchased tickets for the singing section the opportunity to select their preferred seat in the South Stand

As far as you not being allowed to move back to South Stand cant see any reason why even more so now if/when they give over the Railway Stand to Utd.Your a season ticket holder so dont see the big issue in moving back to the South Stand.Its no like theres no spare seats

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Dundee Utd are a massive club and we don’t have 3500 fans who will come to the game. Makes it quite difficult. 

Just a bit of banter mate.  I hope there’s around 6,000 -7,000 there as it should lend to a good atmosphere as well as expanding the coffers.

Sorry I won’t be there.

Edited by Granny Danger

46 minutes ago, lellywong said:

Must be a top team we're playing as prices upped for this game, good for the season ticket holders, not so good for the pay as you go fans🫣

Well documented at the start of the season we’d have two tiers of games this year. 

3 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Any boozers en route from the station that let (teenage) kids in?

Kids are allowed in the Novar Bar - not sure if there's any stipulation on them having to have food.

The Beveridge Park Hotel is right next to the station.

8 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Kids are allowed in the Novar Bar - not sure if there's any stipulation on them having to have food.

The Beveridge Park Hotel is right next to the station.

I take my nephew with me to the novar when I take him to games and there's never any issues about us not having food.  I'm also not sure if the Beveridge park has a public bar 

17 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Dundee Utd are a massive club and we don’t have 3500 fans who will come to the game. Makes it quite difficult. 

Does the 6th biggest team in Scotland count as massive?

I suppose it does in relative terms.