Ross County vs St. Mirren

Highlights are up.

11 hours ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Worst performance of the season so far, yet in an awful game of football we are technically streets ahead of RC. What a dismal club they are

For a team that are technically streaks ahead of us St Mirren sure like to give the ball away a lot and have zero attacking intent.

I am surprised that VAR didnt have a closer look at Gogic on Samuel towards the end.

6 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Highlights are up.

For a team that are technically streaks ahead of us St Mirren sure like to give the ball away a lot and have zero attacking intent.

I am surprised that VAR didnt have a closer look at Gogic on Samuel towards the end.

Think VAR took the evening off. The foul on McMenamin looked a pretty clear penalty.

County certainly edged that last night and missed a couple of big chances prior to the goal. No complaints from me, except to say that the penalty shout looked like a stick-on. But we didn't deserve the win and created absolutely f**k all.

The issues causing our slump are clear: Baccus has been in and out the team, O'Hara has been poor and I'd guess is carrying an injury of some sort, and obviously we are missing Strain. 

But even allowing for that, we barely controlled a ball all night. Seeing Stav come on and actually bring the ball under very quickly and then move it on effectively felt like the sharpest thing we did all night. And it was nothing more than a fleeting moment of competence.

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

A mate in the jail end sent me a video.  Unless the rules have changed or that was a free kick rather than a corner, there’s absolutely no way that goal should have stood.  It’s about a foot down the line.  

Was there not a jailend regular old boy who’s very reason for being was to shout and point at balls out with the corner circle. I seem to recall his name was Ernie? We used to call him Mr Angry.

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Highlights are up.

It was never a penalty on Samuel Gogic never touched him he was cheating trying to get a pen.

8 minutes ago, elvis said:

It was never a penalty on Samuel Gogic never touched him he was cheating trying to get a pen.

I am not convinced it was a penalty either, just surprised there wasnt a VAR check.  Samuel may be many things, but he aint a cheat.  They actually had a very friendly long chat at full time.  

10 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

I said much the same just before he took it. I looked at the assistant at the far end of the pitch expecting him to flag, but no, even though he was clearly watching Brown. Still, I believe these rogue decisions balance themselves out over the year, don’t they?

Flagging that up on VAR would just highlight the incompetence of the officials for not seeing it.

It's not something I can get particularly excited about, ultimately we've still got to deal with the cross and we didn't, but it does show that sometimes VAR is so picky about things, with long delays and other times they don't seem to bother their shirt.

56 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Was there not a jailend regular old boy who’s very reason for being was to shout and point at balls out with the corner circle. I seem to recall his name was Ernie? We used to call him Mr Angry.

Yes there was.  He got in quite a bit trouble for calling players “jungle bunnies” as I recall.   Stealing yards at throw ins was another of his triggers which inevitably resulted in racial abuse. 

He used to get irate at corners which were perfectly legal, but this one would probably have killed him had it been a St Mirren player.  

Edited by Savage Henry

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Yes there was.  He got in quite a bit trouble for calling players “jungle bunnies” as I recall.   Stealing yards at throw ins was another of his triggers which inevitably resulted in racial abuse. 

He used to get irate at corners which were perfectly legal, but this one would probably have killed him had it been a St Mirren player.  

That's the boy, what a rocket.

52 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It deems to be every week St Mirren fans are complaining about Hemming now. 

That's a shame. 

Happy Star Trek GIF

I'd reckon if you asked most Saints fans to name their three best performers so far this season, Hemming would be on most of those lists.

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Jesus christ Ernie, that takes me back. He was an absolute rocket. One of the reasons I spent a season or so out the Jailend in the East Stand.