November games

Donathan

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If Hickey is out is there any likelihood they were looking at Devlin? I have absolutely no idea how he’s been playing this season so I might be well off.

Ramsay and McCrorie are both injured I think. The most likely replacement would be Ralston but he’s hardly played this season so wouldn’t be surprised if it was someone new.

There’s Ashby as well but I’ve no idea if he’s committed.

Losing Hickey would be a real disappointment given how much we’ve already lost and how good he’s been for us.

Would it be Taylor/Doig, and Patterson/Max Johnstone? It’s amazing to think we could lose three of the most talented full backs we’ve had in generations, and we’d still have Celtic’s number 1, an Everton player, and young lads in Serie A and Austrian Bundesliga to fall back on. 

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If Hickey is out is there any likelihood they were looking at Devlin? I have absolutely no idea how he’s been playing this season so I might be well off.

Ramsay and McCrorie are both injured I think. The most likely replacement would be Ralston but he’s hardly played this season so wouldn’t be surprised if it was someone new.

born in England but has played for our  youth teams

( 3 times for u - 21s )

not that that means anything after effing Anderson

3 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Losing Hickey would be a real disappointment given how much we’ve already lost and how good he’s been for us.

Would it be Taylor/Doig, and Patterson/Max Johnstone? It’s amazing to think we could lose three of the most talented full backs we’ve had in generations, and we’d still have Celtic’s number 1, an Everton player, and young lads in Serie A and Austrian Bundesliga to fall back on. 

I completely forgot Max Johnston was called up last time. I guess he’s most likely then.

26 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I guess you never know, but I think it would just be Patterson and Ralston with Taylor and Doig on the other side. 

There is Max Johnson as well before we jump back to the SPFL guys. 

16 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I completely forgot Max Johnston was called up last time. I guess he’s most likely then.

I think Johnston was basically called up because he was suspended for the U21s and it was convenient, I'm not sure it means anything going forward.

1 hour ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

What would our defence be if SSC could only choose players that were starting for their clubs ?

Taylor.      ?        Hendry.         ?         ?

G K    TBD.

Outside bets.

Findlay         Lindsay.

( PNE )

bump

4 hours ago, bleedingums said:

Clarke and Carver at Hampden this afternoon. Given there’s so few Scots on the field you’d have to presume that it’s maybe Barron that they’re looking at?

He’s been good recently and while it’s still probably too soon and he still has some developing to do, he seems a potential good fit for taking on the McGregor role long term.

Nicky Devlin will be our next Stephen O’Donnell. 

Either that or Jack MacKenzie is in to cover Robertson…

image.png.517a1944c7e06309e4ca61cb39f69976.png

Just updated the players club minutes. Hickey, Robertson, Anderson, Souttar, Gordon, Hyam, Gunn, Hanley, Ross McCrorie and Tierney all missed the last game with their club through injury and so are all doubts with a few who will definitely miss the camp. McKenna will probably be fine, Ramsay probably not.

Edited by 2426255

I’d probably have Marshall even further away from it than Kelly and Clark, if possible. Quite often over the last 18 months or so he’s looked done and I’m not sure he’s actually any better than the other two. Forever a hero and all that but it’s time to move forward without him. 

We're gonna have a jobber in goals no matter what. Robby McCrorie hasn't played football for six months, but if Clarke thinks there's a chance of him being a future no. 1 then I'd rather give him a shot than Clark or Kelly who never will be. 

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

I’d probably have Marshall even further away from it than Kelly and Clark, if possible. Quite often over the last 18 months or so he’s looked done and I’m not sure he’s actually any better than the other two. Forever a hero and all that but it’s time to move forward without him. 

All three have had so many howling moments over the last season. Kelly had numerous horror moments before Kettlewell came in last year and did again at the weekend. I remember a Clarke clusterfuck against Killie last year too. 

I honestly don’t know which one I would prefer to play, but it might be Marshall just because there is less chance he would absolutely bottle it and we know he should be fully concentrated for an international game. Saying that - Hibs fans have a far better idea than me just what level he actually is at now.