November games

Donathan

Just went on and got into reserve tickets but because I've bought 4 previously, I can't buy any more.

Looking for 2 more tickets for mates coming over from Australia if anyone has spare.

3 hours ago, Marsh said:

Just went on and got into reserve tickets but because I've bought 4 previously, I can't buy any more.

Looking for 2 more tickets for mates coming over from Australia if anyone has spare.

Was the ticket sale this morning  only for ssc members?

I clicked the link at 9:50 and the message said I was in a queue and there was at least an hour waiting time and not to open my browser.

Needless to say my faint hope of getting one of the few tickets quickly evaporated and by 10:30 I gave up as knew they woukd be gone by then.

Pub it is then. 😊

27 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

I clicked the link at 9:50 and the message said I was in a queue and there was at least an hour waiting time and not to open my browser.

Needless to say my faint hope of getting one of the few tickets quickly evaporated and by 10:30 I gave up as knew they woukd be gone by then.

Pub it is then. 😊

I have an account on the ticket part of the SFA website, not sure if that’s what counts as being a member of the SSC. Either way, because I had 4 tickets allocated to my account, I wasn’t allowed any more.

8 minutes ago, Marsh said:

I have an account on the ticket part of the SFA website, not sure if that’s what counts as being a member of the SSC. Either way, because I had 4 tickets allocated to my account, I wasn’t allowed any more.

I had seen it mentioned that you could only get a max of 4 including any previous bought.  I gave up my membership a few years back  due to other mates dropping out (joined in 95).  I created a new one for applying for tickets for one of the Israel games but it was not a full membership. 

Back in the old days it used to piss me off when mates would ask us 4 members to get them tickets (numbers back then allowed you to get your ticket and another for a friend most of the time) yet had no intention of joining.  So muggings would be paying for a membership yet they got the perk of a ticket without extra costs.  I should have told them to get stuffed but I am too nice lol.  That is why I never really moan about not getting a ticket.  If yiu can afford to be a member, it gives you the odd perk. Good luck to them.

59 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

It was open to the general public hence the queues.

Quite right too - I've always said you should not have to belong to a club to attend a home game.

Managed to get one for a friend although I did log into my SSC account though guess this didn't give me any priority as had to wait and sweat best part of half an hour.

Reckon he is due me a pint!

Edited by Anfield 1977

A little bit from Clarke on the upcoming camp. He discusses Spain dropping points, the objectives of the camp and the training camp in Turkey.

You never know. Georgia lost 7-0 at home to Spain so you would like to think they’ll go there with a point to prove, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Nothing changes for me. It was nice to qualify early, but the one thing gnawing away at the back of my head is that we are on a three game losing run. We want to stop that and the first chance to do it is in Georgia so that will be the target.  The most important thing for me is to finish this campaign on a positive note. Two wins would be great from the last two games as we want to finish with as many points as possible. In World Cup qualification we got 23 points when we reached the play-off. Take away six points from the bottom seeds and it was 17. It would be nice to better that and say we have improved again. It would also be lovely to finish on 21 points and push Spain all the way to the end in terms of topping the group. Six points is the aim and it would be pretty good to match Spain’s points total and say that we missed out on top spot to an unfortunate slip by Aaron Hickey in the 90th minute of an away game in Seville.

We are going to Turkey for a couple of days next week. This was organised before we found out we are quite a good team who could qualify before the later stages! We thought these two games would be absolutely crucial so we worked out if we left on the Sunday night, we could get to Turkey and have a couple of days of warm weather training. It also breaks up a long trip to Georgia.

Steve Clarke

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23911530.scotland-manager-issues-euro-2024-demands-sfa-board-meeting/

Weird feeling to have already sealed the deal before the double header many of us thought would be a grand, arse-twitching finale, weird not to be going out to an away game, only one missed this entire campaign, and a weird kickoff time, too.

Add to that, it's going to be a bit of a weird line-up. 

I still strongly fancy us to win this, though. In this campaign of doing-things-Scotland-teams-don't-usually-do, winning in Georgia fits rather nicely. 

A win by a cupla goals. 

17 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Adams out and Shankland in. 

Obviously, as a hearts fan I am delighted, I've been seriously impressed with his all round play.

But the one thing Adams has over other options is pace. The one thing Shankland isn't particularly blessed with is pace ....

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

That's a shame, was hoping Adams would get some game time and get amongst the goals. 

Shankland? Shrug; Fine, I suppose. 

Yeah. Big drop off in quality.  Is Shankland still running around carrying a little bit of lumber?  

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah. Big drop off in quality.  Is Shankland still running around carrying a little bit of lumber?  

He looks as fit as I've ever seen him, to be fair, and I do think he is better now than when he was first called up, but as you rightly say, big gulf between him and Adams, especially when you consider how we like to play. 

Shankland has gotten better at hold up and bringing others into the game, granted, but not as adept at it as either Dykes or Adams, and certainly not in the fairly atypical way Scotland look to use the frontman. 

Blow losing Adams, but Dykes will likely start anyway. Adams hasn't had a great season and only has 1 start in Southampton's last 8.

Shankland is about as good as it gets in terms of options to bring in. Started the season slowly but since being dropped from the last squad it's been a bit of a kick up the arse for him. Looks sharper and more focused. His all round game has been good and he has 5 in his last 5. Given our strikers in general are in shite form it makes sense.

Tbh it's not attack that I'm concerned about. We get goals from midfield, Shankland is unlikely to play and if he does he's probably actually the most natural finisher we have overall.

Defence looks a bit worrying given that I think 4 of our in theory "first choice" 5 could be out, plus we're at 3rd choice goalie. The fact that neither Zander nor Kelly have secured their position is not a positive reflection on their skills.

1 hour ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

I think Jacob Brown will be second choice behind BDD

Agreed with that.  Brown has pace and strength, just hasn't had an opportunity to show anything yet.

As above, not concerned too much about the attacking options - we're much of a muchness up front, and Dykes has been the first choice striker for some time.

It's a shame for Adams - he's in a slump, both in form and fitness.  I was hoping that The Championship would give him time and space to find some goals and form.  No such luck so far.

No issue with Shankland being called up.  Nisbet is injured, and there's very little else out there right now.  If Shankland wasn't available, next in line would be a barely fit Ross Stewart and the u21s.

Big test for this group

I don’t see SSC being happy with less than 4 points (actually 6) from these two games

That starts with winning on Thursday 

Much depleted group but nowhere near the drop off we’d have experienced with similar injuries a couple years ago

I hope they can bury the Georgia hoodoo then annoy the ugly big brute on Sunday