November games

Donathan

For anyone interested in playoff permutations, Israel’s games have now been rescheduled. 4 games to be played in 9 days, and Hungary being their base during the period. 

It’s noteworthy given Israel’s direct qualification is almost definitely necessary in order for Norway to get a playoff spot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67279745

I believe the squad for November's games will be announced after the weekend which probably leaves just one game left to impress. Here's an overview of how the players who have been called up in the last 12 months are doing with their clubs minutes wise.

image.thumb.png.65601d1e2119d5d3210a072e5d331116.png

None of the percentages are up to 100% because the formula is factoring in games yet to be played. (e.g. Taylor has played every minute for Celtic so far, but has only played 80% of available minutes with a game still to play this weekend)

Edited by 2426255

On 01/11/2023 at 15:14, SUPERSOUTH said:

Looking for tickets for Norway game, Is ther likely to be a sale in next few days or are all tickets gone?

There normally is a limited number that go on sale if the away team or sponsors return tickets. I am still needing 2 also, so fingers crossed! Normally happens around now

5 hours ago, Connor7 said:

There normally is a limited number that go on sale if the away team or sponsors return tickets. I am still needing 2 also, so fingers crossed! Normally happens around now

I got tickets this way for the last two home games, but they were sold 21 (Georgia) and 18 (England) days ahead of the fixtures. With 16 days to go to the Norway game, and nothing announced yet, it doesn't look too promising.

On 03/11/2023 at 11:24, 2426255 said:

I believe the squad for November's games will be announced after the weekend which probably leaves just one game left to impress. Here's an overview of how the players who have been called up in the last 12 months are doing with their clubs minutes wise.

image.thumb.png.65601d1e2119d5d3210a072e5d331116.png

None of the percentages are up to 100% because the formula is factoring in games yet to be played. (e.g. Taylor has played every minute for Celtic so far, but has only played 80% of available minutes with a game still to play this weekend)

Not looking that good wrt defence and attack.

Ashby has played for Swansea

Clarke and Carver at Hampden this afternoon. Given there’s so few Scots on the field you’d have to presume that it’s maybe Barron that they’re looking at?

He’s been good recently and while it’s still probably too soon and he still has some developing to do, he seems a potential good fit for taking on the McGregor role long term.

9 minutes ago, bleedingums said:

Clarke and Carver at Hampden this afternoon. Given there’s so few Scots on the field you’d have to presume that it’s maybe Barron that they’re looking at?

He’s been good recently and while it’s still probably too soon and he still has some developing to do, he seems a potential good fit for taking on the McGregor role long term.

I was trying to think who they could be watching too......I suspect it might be David Marshall.  With Gunn injured and Kelly looking increasingly dodgy they might go with an experienced option for the November games.

No way would it be Barron. He needs to focus on getting a regular game for the Dons and is way off an international call up.  Wouldn't be Shinnie either.  If any Aberdonian who hasnt been capped probably deserves a call up it would be Ryan Gauld.

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

I was trying to think who they could be watching too......I suspect it might be David Marshall.  With Gunn injured and Kelly looking increasingly dodgy they might go with an experienced option for the November games.

No way would it be Barron. He needs to focus on getting a regular game for the Dons and is way off an international call up.  Wouldn't be Shinnie either.  If any Aberdonian who hasnt been capped probably deserves a call up it would be Ryan Gauld.

Sorry , I did not think David got his angles right at the goal

What would our defence be if SSC could only choose players that were starting for their clubs ?

Taylor.      ?        Hendry.         ?         ?

G K    TBD.

Outside bets.

Findlay         Lindsay.

( PNE )

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

1 hour ago, bleedingums said:

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Hickey has a hamstring injury - thank f**k we have qualified as the injuries have fair mounted up!

If Hickey is out is there any likelihood they were looking at Devlin? I have absolutely no idea how he’s been playing this season so I might be well off.

Ramsay and McCrorie are both injured I think. The most likely replacement would be Ralston but he’s hardly played this season so wouldn’t be surprised if it was someone new.

There’s Ashby as well but I’ve no idea if he’s committed.