Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

There was a tweet by the club showing Todd cupping his ears with the caption "listening for who the Pars got in round 2 of the cup" or something like that. Not sure that would translate to the whole club rattled by him.

Haven't seen any comment about him being a cripple either, that sort of shit needs called out if true. 

15 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

Jings! You know it must be really bad when even the promotion image can’t bare to hear it 

13 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Matty Todd invented putting your fingers in your ears. 

Don’t be ridiculous, Pars fans made that a thing the very first time Raith fans sang on the terraces in Dunfermline. 

Going to be very tough this one. Our last two performances have been well below par, and whilst some faces are coming back, the ones that are missing are still really important players for us. 
Suspect I'll be nervous about the defence until Bene is back either way.

Not sure about Raith. They've been very consistent as far as results are concerned but I wouldn't have necessarily expected that after the two games we'd played. What I am sure of though, is that if we play like we did against PT, or in that 1st half against Ayr, then we'll get humped. Big step up required from us and it's the perfect time to do it.

51 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

4 pages! This fixture seems to have all the appeal of a game against Cowdenbeath. 

Hopefully we can get a bit of controversy in this game to spice up the fixture again.

Its because we're playing a team in 7th place.

11 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Dylan Easton's trained very well this week but it'll be tomorrow before a decision is made. Better than being ruled out altogether.

Would be happy to see Easton missing out on this one. 

What's your likely starting XI given injuries. Sounds like it's going to be two slightly cobbled together sides. 

I can understand why this thread has failed to take off up until now. Since we last met, Raith have been fairly consistent and playing some decent stuff. We've been had peeks and troughs, more of the latter lately as we've not had a win since 23/9. It's not even like we can say we've had some good performances but haven't won. In the last couple of matches we're had the worst performance in well over a year, followed up by a performance that was still miles off it, resulting in a loss.

Our off-field/on-field connection was amazing last year, but I can't help but feel some fans are still annoyed after a poor window and now unfortunately for the first time in a long time we've hit an iffy patch. Still, I reckon we'll be backed well on Saturday but no where near as much as if we've got a win last week. 

22 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

In the last couple of matches we're had the worst performance in well over a year, followed up by a performance that was still miles off it, resulting in a loss.

Nah, not having that. Firhill wasn't great but in the first half it was quite even, we created several chances and we were still in the game until the keeper chucked one in. We then only had one player with any experience to bring on to change the game and we crumbled as a result. Against Ayr was ten times worse - we looked disorganised, created very little and had enough players on the bench to make changes but just didn't ever get going. I know Thistle won by more, but Ayr was by far the worst of the two performances IMO.

Well that’s my optimism tempered further. 
No Easton, Hamilton or Watson. They’re the 3 biggies, I really do hope Easton makes the starting 11 as he’s shown numerous times now that he can create match winning moments. 

We’ll still have a team capable of winning this game but it’s going to be tight. 

2-1 I’ll go.