Raith Rovers v Airdrie Utd

46 minutes ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Get this flag in the bin before there’s trouble.

From who?

7 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Butchers Apron in blue with the words Raith Rovers in the middle. The guy has brought it to a couple of games but sticks to the Main (Corner) Stand as it probably wouldn't last too longin the South.

Why wouldn,t it last long?

Did you both stand for the minutes thought/silence pre match for Remembrance?

No idea what the problem is with the flag.

There were loads of English guys in the 200 club after the game - the Teeside pals of Fife's Finest. If they'd brought a huge St George's flag with RRFC or a Rovers crest in the middle, I'd absolutely be embracing it - same as the Polish flag Big Kev's family had in the main stand today.

I've always regarded Rovers as a broad church, not the sporting wing of some political or religious movement.

37 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

To be fair to the front 4, they’ve played a ridiculous amount of football lately. We’ve pretty much one forward sub each week so they’ve all played more than they really should have. Smith, Vaughan and Mullin run themselves into the ground on Tuesday night and Connolly is just back from a huge spell on the sidelines stretching back into last season. They’ve done incredibly well in the circumstances. 

Oh it certainly wasn’t a lack of effort, just felt they never really got near the quality they can, but that makes sense. You can see that when they do click they’ll be a handful for any team in the league.

17 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'm not sure why someone wants a Union Jack Rovers flag, but I'm equally unsure as to why its causing offence.  Can't say I particularly give a shit either way.

This would be my view as standard, but the guy was posing with this flag alongside a UVF flag just a few weeks ago. On that basis alone, I'd like to see him and it jettisoned into the Forth at the first opportunity. 

13 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Why wouldn,t it last long?

Did you both stand for the minutes thought/silence pre match for Remembrance?

I think there are some who would object to it being there.

I did stand for the Remembrance silence, I don't see how that equates to commenting on a flag.

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I noticed your wee maths thing was pounced on so I'm delighted that  this result gave me three valuable points in the prediction league 

I thought this was so much better from Airdrie after some recent insipid stuff, and a brave change in set up from Rhys. What was obvious was how much effort also went into the game from all the players.

I have to confess that some of Raiths early crosses did get me worried that an early goal was coming. When it didn't we were the more attacking side and it was a sickener when Hancock's injury knocked us out of stride. Obviously a great strike by Smith and it was a slightly disbelieving half time chat.

Can't quite say how the equaliser came but clearly Todorov enjoyed it as did I. 

Raith are clearly a top four team but I can't see anyone dragging Dundee United off the top. Certainly Raith have injuries affecting them but I enjoyed the game and getting a wee something over Mr Murray. Good pie before the game, with a crispy crust. Lovely.

I wouldn't mind an England flag with a Rovers badge on it because it would represent where the fans come from. 

That butchers apron was used against Cliftonville by some knuckle dragger and their sectarian views. Its a divisive symbol that I want nowhere near our club. 

3 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Bloody non synthetic football pitches causing no end of injuries. The sooner we're all playing on plastic the better.

Am I being whooshed here? Raiths pitch is synthetic I believe. Raith TV had a good angle on the instant replay for it, looked a lot worse on the replay as well. 

Slightly off topic but Raith TV was excellent. The use of different angles for instant replays etc a welcome change. It's definitely a product that our guys should be looking at when we make improvements.

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

I think there are some who would object to it being there.

I did stand for the Remembrance silence, I don't see how that equates to commenting on a flag.

The  fact you mentioned the flag  made me think you had issues with it,if so it would be hypocritical

You can't really kick someone out for a flag when there's the exact same flag with a different slogan in the away end. I don't care about the flag itself, but the lad who brings it posing next to UVF flags is asking for trouble from the clubs view.

A draw was a fair result today. Airdrie remain one of the better teams we've played - McCabe has done well to get them playing with a high intensity. We didn't look as flustered as we did at the Excelsior but it clearly had an impact.

Both teams had chances where the keepers made tremendous stops. And with one of the final kicks of the game, Airdrie almost nicked a winner but fortunately it went just wide.

We desperately need this week off, and reinforcements back from injury. It's been a brutal shift, and the players have put in a tonne of effort. It was disappointing to hear some booing at the end - there's more than a few folk who seem wired to the moon and think they can tell exactly what the right decision is for the players on the park 100% of the time.

6 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

The other teams know our set pieces weekness

Well it was Euan Murray who was beaten in the air. If anyone is weak at defending corners into the box, it certainly isn’t him. Sometimes you just have to applaud the delivery. It was on the money.