Wasps v the Queens

36 minutes ago, Oweny said:

Roberts was the Man of the Match for us . Big Effe was an absolute standout for Queens . Still a great player at this level . Wish he played for us 

Efe always looks a standout when he gets room to stroll about, and he reads the game well. It's when he's pressured like yesterday when he lost possession leading to the goal he looks a liability, and that happens at least once in every game. I would still be ok with him  staying after January though. 

2 hours ago, Oweny said:

Roberts was the Man of the Match for us . Big Effe was an absolute standout for Queens . Still a great player at this level . Wish he played for us 

You certainly had more candidates for your award than we did. Efe aside not many got pass masks. Far too passive. 

Thought Wales looked a very impressive player, Buchanan had a few bright moments but as mentioned Roberts was absolutely everywhere as was the case on the opening day at Palmerston. 

Edited by Broony88

I don't know what we're moaning about.  I really enjoyed my afternoon in Alloa yesterday.

I think my favourite was probably the SLOPEmeister NewScotland IPA.  The Golden Ale from Not That California was also good though.  None of the stouts really did it for me this year for some reason.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't know what we're moaning about.  I really enjoyed my afternoon in Alloa yesterday.

I think my favourite was probably the SLOPEmeister NewScotland IPA.  The Golden Ale from Not That California was also good though.  None of the stouts really did it for me this year for some reason.

Ah, the joys of not driving MT ...

Fortunately, I'm grounded post surgery for a while so won't make games until the New Year I think.

Yesterday was yet another case of it being a good day until the game got in the way.  A very enjoyable couple hours in The Old Brewery and then we were subjected to that performance.  Off the back of a good result against a decent Falkirk side our manager again sees fit to mess with the starting line up.  The insistence on passing the ball to death in our own half is making us predictable and easy to play against.  We created little against an Alloa side who without being particularly impressive always looked more likely to score.

Anyone who elected not to go to watch us yesterday definitely got the better end of the deal.  Bartley's post match interview is full of the same talk of basic mistakes.  Its time he accepted that his current approach is not working and makes the necessary changes.  Sadly I think he is too stubborn to do so.  Lose next week and I think his time has got to be up.