Wasps v the Queens

On 07/11/2023 at 19:53, Kevchenko said:

There's a wee preview of Saturday in the second half of our podcast this week if you fancy a listen before Saturday.

Thanks again to @19QOS19 for joining us later on to chat Marvin Bartley, injuries and the season having a familiar feel to last year!

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

Buchanans Mum came over to me during the game and asked who is Kev who does the podcast. Pointed you out and hoped I hadn't got you in trouble 😆

11 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Buchanans Mum came over to me during the game and asked who is Kev who does the podcast. Pointed you out and hoped I hadn't got you in trouble 😆

I hope she wasn't trying to influence Kev in any way, to get good comments about her boy.

Can't have the integrity of the podcast undermined. 😉

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

That explains it! Nah, not at all, she was really nice!

On 07/11/2023 at 19:53, Kevchenko said:

There's a wee preview of Saturday in the second half of our podcast this week if you fancy a listen before Saturday.

Thanks again to @19QOS19 for joining us later on to chat Marvin Bartley, injuries and the season having a familiar feel to last year!

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

Can you edit my prediction to 3-0 Alloa. Thank you kindly! 

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Alloa with the new manager bounce, as if it wasn’t already a nailed on Alloa win. 

Not quite the normal bounce scenario though. Rice has left for a bigger job and we don't have a new manager (yet). 🙂

20 hours ago, Magic Hat said:

Really enjoyed the game last week, the most I have for a long time.

We need to build on a good performance and excellent result by going on a good run, something we have failed to do all season.

Queens fans could be saying the exact same thing

19 hours ago, printer said:

Not quite the normal bounce scenario though. Rice has left for a bigger job and we don't have a new manager (yet). 🙂

Have to say I didn't see that one coming.  Who have Alloa put in charge for tomorrows game?  Also do Alloa still do pay at the gate? 

Well here's hoping we've had no more injuries at lunchtime today and Reilly's back fit. If so I'd expect the same starting 11 as last week, although I would like to see Gibson get more time on the park.

Same commitment and energy as last week and I can see us with back to back wins.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We didn't win last week.

I know, and I was there!!!😂 This old age plays havoc with the auld heed sometimes.

Not a clue why I typed that. Anyway we can win tomorrow and win next week.

10 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Probably cos it had been so many defeats on the spin that even a draw felt like a win.

You're probably right but the performance compared to what we had been served was the pleasing thing.

Big question is was it just a one off or can we replicate that again today?

Looking forward to todays game. 
Rice has departed and usually you hope for the new manager bounce but after last weeks performance I’m just wanting more of the same. 
Goals, fight and a rare clean sheet to build on. 
It’d be slightly harsh to drop anyone after the Stirling game but if Cammy is fit he’s in for Deveney and Rodden for Wales. 
I’ve said previously but I’d relish Roy and Rodden starting a game. I really don’t think any defence in this league would be able to cope with the movement, goals and work rate of those two. Not disputing that Wales has quality but coming on against a tiring defence might give him that edge to get a goal and build the confidence. I believe we’ll be missing him for international duty later this month so will probably get the Roy and Rodden combo at some point. Depending on who the next manager is of course, maybe he won’t play with a front two.