Wasps v the Queens

So, despite the fact that injuries kinda forced his hand yesterday, should Marvin go with the same line-up again at the Recs given that we finally put in a decent performance again?

Edit - assuming that Reilly recovers from his dead-leg in time ...

Edited by Otis Blue

6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

So, despite the fact that injuries kinda forced his hand yesterday, should Marvin go with the same line-up again at the Recs given that we finally put in a decent performance again?

Edit - assuming that Reilly recovers from his dead-leg in time ...

It would be very harsh on any of yesterdays starting line-up for them not to start next week. Hopefully we'll have a stronger bench with bodies recovering and fit to play.

16 minutes ago, printer said:

Difficult to know what the f**k to expect with this one.

Yeah this , results against other teams seem to have no bearing on what we can expect , as usual league 1  has the strangest set of results  bar the top 2 maybe Cove beating Hamilton aside . Very difficult league to predict .

55 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

played 3 scored 3  1 in each game so .....................

Roy started off well with us tbf, it didn't last. He did drop out with an injury and struggled to get his place back, he probably got pissed off watching Innes bloody Cameron prance about doing F-all. 

2 hours ago, Artemis said:

Are Alloa v Queens games not usually quite easy to predict? All down to how Queens play - if Queens play badly, Alloa will win. Whereas if Queens play well, Alloa will win.

Yep, it's that old adage about only four things being guaranteed in life, the first two being death and taxes ... the others being losing to Accies and Alloa.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Roy started off well with us tbf, it didn't last. He did drop out with an injury and struggled to get his place back, he probably got pissed off watching Innes bloody Cameron prance about doing F-all. 

Very much this.  Good start but never managed to regain his place following injury.  Towards the end it looked like he had downed tools completely.   Can't entirely blame him there given that the player preferred to him wasn't doing very much.

On to this Saturdays game, I think all being well Bartley will start the same team as last week.  Although I doubt Alloa will give us as much scope to play as Falkirk did I would hope that we set out to take the game to them.   I like away days at Alloa although results haven't always went the way we'd like.

Barring any fresh injuries, I'd like to see the same XI start on Saturday. Maybe bring Scougall on at half time/early in the second half to get more minutes into him.

We looked better at the back and PJ done a good job organising the three in front of him. Ogayi is a decent (albeit a little unorthodox) shot stopper but I don't think he's got the same communication as PJ. If he's injured, I'm sure the fans would love Ogayi on as a co-commentator!

17 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

There's a wee preview of Saturday in the second half of our podcast this week if you fancy a listen before Saturday.

Thanks again to @19QOS19 for joining us later on to chat Marvin Bartley, injuries and the season having a familiar feel to last year!

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

Enjoyable listen and interesting input from our resident football expert.

Look forward to your next podcast, hope you’re discussing a Queens win.

Another excellent round up on the podcast, insightful as ever. 

Really hope the fans turnout again on Saturday with the same gusto as at forthbank, the players seemed to respond to the support.

The defence was solid, the midfield were buzzing and full of energy and the strikers caused no end of upset for the binos defence.

Got to hand it to QOS for their performance vs falkirk one of the few teams to get anything from them this season. 

Of the 5 fixtures highlighted last week I'd have this marked as a potential draw but if both teams go toe to toe this is a chance to see the best of both teams, would love a wee home win.