St Mirren v Hibs 08/11/23

Just in from post-match drinks and have rattled through the last 5 pages.

Disappointed not to see a @Melanius Mullarkay bubble bursting gif when we were losing 2-1 going into added time...maybe his internet is down.

We were pish, Hibs not much better. We didn't deserve to win but also didn't deserve to lose and by that rationale a draw was the right result.

Still 3 points clear of the team below us with a game in hand.

Edited by Arch Stanton

As an aside, did I see that this game was on PPV?

I always thought there was some bollocks about not being able to do that In opposition to Champions League matches.

It's certainly a decent option for fans that can't get there.

A good few St Mirren fans here moaning that we didn't match our normal standards tonight. Yes that's true but probably fails to give due credit to Hibs, especially in the first half, when their forwards and midfield played a fast, pressing game giving our lot very little opportunities to settle on the ball and play as creatively as we know they can.

Watched it out in Tenerife.

Definitely a point gained. Hibs were better first 35 and between equaliser and umm...equaliser.

We looked really off it tonight and happy to cut and run with a point in the circumstances.

Youan gives me the utter fear. I understand he blows hot and cold but he always turns in a good performance against us. Levitt on other hand is 100% all hype.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

"f that's a penalty, there's going to be 10 penalties every game," Montgomery said of Jordan Obita's foul on Richard Taylor.

A 6ft 5in player falls to the ground with minimal contact."

FFS, Nick...I've told you a million times, do not exaggerate.

VAR is shite, all these delays and bawhair decisions are tedious as f**k.

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

A good few St Mirren fans here moaning that we didn't match our normal standards tonight. Yes that's true but probably fails to give due credit to Hibs, especially in the first half, when their forwards and midfield played a fast, pressing game giving our lot very little opportunities to settle on the ball and play as creatively as we know they can.

Fair point. Hibs came out the traps and put us under a good bit of pressure. Their first goal comes from Gogic making a mistake when he's in yards of space and under no pressure though. Seemed to just let the ball roll under his foot.

Can't be too critical of the big man though, he's been unreal since he signed for us.

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

"f that's a penalty, there's going to be 10 penalties every game," Montgomery said of Jordan Obita's foul on Richard Taylor.

A 6ft 5in player falls to the ground with minimal contact."

FFS, Nick...I've told you a million times, do not exaggerate.

Dearie me. Sounds like he's struggling.

Poor performance from us for some reason. Too many bad passes and several players having a very off night. Mandron should be 4th pick behind Olusanya, Greive and Jamieson - at least those 3 work hard. Really surprised he came out second half considering he was totally useless first half.