St Mirren v Hibs 08/11/23

31 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I would have bought on Boyle instead of Landers for the last few mins. 

I feel Monty will get it right in January with signings. But he’ll get punted if we are bottom 2 before the split. 

There is literally zero chance of Hibs being in the bottom 2 this season.

Going by tonight, you are probably the best side we've played this season outside the old firm, if you sort the defence in January you should be looking at top 6 and probably Europe again.

Edited by Hendo

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Going by tonight, you are probably the best side we've played this season outside the old firm, if you sort the defence in January you should be looking at top 6 and probably Europe again.

A level of logic that escapes some Hibs fans.

Nowhere near our best tonight but could have and should have won that game. 
I thought both goals we lost were very poor, a shame for big Gogic to make such a poor mistake at the first, and just rank bad defending for the second.

Great to see young Lewis get his first goal with that equaliser. 
He had a great impact coming on with Alex Greive who was so unlucky not to score.

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Outside the what?… 

That would be very frustrating if you were a Hibs fan, but I think it will come good. They score goals, they have pace throughout the team. We didn't defend well, but a lot of the credit for that has to go to Hibs who had us massively unsettled. Problem is you just won't win games defending like that. It's not just the defending, it was the whole game management from Hibs, trying to kill the game each time they went one up just felt like they were playing to their weaknesses rather than strengths. How many times did they give the ball to St Mirren in the final third trying to play across the back? We weren't on it at all today, but even a team playing that badly is going to score if you give them the ball in attacking positions all the time and let them put in dozens of crosses.

For us, Gogic, Taylor, Boyd Munce, Strain all well off it and Mandron was the Motherwell Mandron. Tanser was decent, and O'Hara was at least there. All the subs though had a positive impact.

Edited by GAD

To be fair I thought Hibs edged it. We looked like we hadnt played together before. Goal aside O'Hara hasnt hit the heights of last season. 

Gogic and Taylor have been immense but both made errors leading to goals. 

Was really pleased for Jamieson. He has had to wait for his chance. His delivery is good and can finish. 

Glad of the point but we need to do better. Our start tonight and against St Johnstone has been shocking. 

Just wonder how they conjure up how much injury time to play. The var decision must have taken 2 minutes, and the substitutes 3. Don't know how many times the physios were on, but in the world cup there would have been 10 minutes extra time and not 5 in that hame, especially given Marshall's time wasting for the entire 90. Our officials are not only incompetent, they also appear to put in as few minutes as possible for the ridiculous amounts of money they earn.

Horrendous first 35 minutes, passable performance until the subs then we looked more like the team sitting in third place. Delighted for LJ getting off the mark, and showing a level of performance that might stop me asking why he got an extension in the summer - had no idea he had a wicked delivery in him!

Second half would’ve been cracking entertainment for a neutral - probably first time this season we’ve looked leaky at the back, but Hibs desire to pass out from their goal line played them into trouble way more than it should have. Doing that earlier in the game maybe made sense, but when trying to play out a routine 2-1 win, it was lunacy. Added to the fun mind you.

On to Dens on Saturday - Baccus needs to come back in, wouldn’t be averse to one of Olusanya, Greive or Jamieson getting a start after their cameos off the bench.

2 minutes ago, AW saint said:

To be fair I thought Hibs edged it. We looked like we hadnt played together before. Goal aside O'Hara hasnt hit the heights of last season. 

Gogic and Taylor have been immense but both made errors leading to goals. 

Was really pleased for Jamieson. He has had to wait for his chance. His delivery is good and can finish. 

Glad of the point but we need to do better. Our start tonight and against St Johnstone has been shocking. 

I thought O'Hara was ok, he was at least winning ball and getting us up the pitch a bit. He was much better when Baccus came on though, and he wasn't having to carry Boyd Munce who I thought had a bit of a mare in all honesty.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

I thought O'Hara was ok, he was at least winning ball and getting us up the pitch a bit. He was much better when Baccus came on though, and he wasn't having to carry Boyd Munce who I thought had a bit of a mare in all honesty.

Boyd-Munce looks like someone who’d work well in a midfield three, with the ability to spray passes about. With the amount we ask of the central midfield two though, I’m not sure he fits that role - certainly not as well as Baccus does.

Just now, codfish said:

Boyd-Munce looks like someone who’d work well in a midfield three, with the ability to spray passes about. With the amount we ask of the central midfield two though, I’m not sure he fits that role - certainly not as well as Baccus does.

Yeah, he's played well in the two for us as well to be fair, but I think it wasn't the game for him today. Hibs midfeild were very pacy and energetic and I think he just struggled to match their tempo and ended up a bit lost and chasing shadows 

19 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

However much the three defenders we signed cost. 

The square root of f**k all then compared to the total outlay, considering Fish was resigned on loan, Obita replaced Carabaja and Harbottle on loan who has barely featured under either Johnson or Montgomery.

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

Strange how we can form different opinions watching the same game. 😀

I actually thought Boyd Munce had a decent shift tonight having been given more responsibility in the heart of midfield with Baccus sitting on the bench until the second half.

Mark O’Hara has not quite been the same influence as he was last season and since his injury earlier in the season seems to have not quite got going. Hopefully he turns a corner soon as he is a very important player for us. 

Gave the ball away a number of times tonight which is unusual and his passes were invariably backwards.

Hope he turns his season around with a stunning display against his former team on Saturday. 

COYS!

Feels like a point gained rather than two dropped, having gone behind twice. Absolutely nothing wrong with our fight, desire, ability to keep going. We were off it early, and made a couple of individual errors, but I’m happy with that point tonight. It goes without saying that we’ve seen a lot of St Mirren sides who would never have got that point tonight. They’d have most likely shipped a third and lost 1-3. Not this team though. Oh, nearly forgot. GIRFUY Marshall, you time wasting gobshite.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Strange how we can form different opinions watching the same game. 😀

I actually thought Boyd Munce had a decent shift tonight having been given more responsibility in the heart of midfield with Baccus sitting on the bench until the second half.

I thought we gave Levitt far too much room to play and our Midfield looked a bit weak at times first half. A fair few in the Team well off it tonight but a well fought for point. Strain looked a shadow of his normal self, maybe a wee rest required.....All the subs played well tonight, good to see. I also thought Newell got away with murder tonight, could easily have had two yellows. (I had the benefit of TV and replays) Overall glad to get the point after being poor tonight, Hibs have some dangerous forwards but you will always get chances to score with that defence they currently have.

P.S. WTF with the time wasting by Marshall....