St Mirren v Hibs 08/11/23

Hibs best in the first half. Thought Saints edged the second half. Hibs second goal was a great counter attack. In fact I was nervous every time Hibs went forward. Saints created many chances in the second half. Value for money for a neutral I would say yes. Young Hibs player with the red hair taken off had a great first half he has a good future in the game. Really pleased for Jamieson he has been chapping at the door for ages. Open game good to see. Saints fans enjoy this moment Robinson won't be long at Saints he is a top manager he not only has a good 11 players he has a squad of good players . Clubs will be in on January we know that. Summer will be the big moment. Since becoming fan ownership in partnership with Scotland's oldest charity we have improved year on year it's amazing what a fuckin ride.  Hibs are looking decent you now have a good manager he will get you stronger with time. My favourite away day is Hibs  Leith is now the best night out in Edinburgh so many great pubs serving very good food. Leith also has some great restaurants. Was lucky enough to eat in Tom Kitchen as a chef myself and traveled the world it's the best I have ever eaten in.  That God I will make our next home game against Livie no way will it be as good a game as tonight's. Happy with the draw. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Maloney got emptied after no win in 7. Montgomery is on no win in 7. 

If you're wanting him sacked after less than a dozen games then you're a deeply unserious person Tommy.

42 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

A question and an observation.

1 - Was there not a rule that you couldn’t play a top division game when the CL was on or was that just for TV?

2 - Unless it is a TV rule, then I think this is a game that Sky should’ve picked up if they were actually interested in our game. I’m not watching but it’s a good home team in the best form in a long time against a big city team. I’m going to guess the stadium is almost full and there’s a decent atmosphere at times.

As I understand it you can’t schedule a match for CL days but this is a rescheduled match so gets a pass.

2 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

If you're wanting him sacked after less than a dozen games then you're a deeply unserious person Tommy.

You've got Boyle on the bench. You bring on a teenage Landers. 

Who doesn't track the St Mirren goalscorer? Landers. 

Maloney didn't get time, but the A league boy who chucks every game with his subs and with 2 wins in 12 should?

Edited by Tommy Tappin

Have Hibs fans noticed any improvement since Montgomery came in?

Thinking about our two league games this season, I'm not sure I could say that Hibs looked any better tonight. I appreciate it's the same players he's working with (and I'm basing this only on 2 games). We were more clinical at Easter Road than we were tonight but there were chances at both ends in each game.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Maloney didn't get time, but the A league boy who chucks every game with his subs and with 2 wins in 12 should?

Oh ffs has he won twice. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

I would have bought on Boyle instead of Landers for the last few mins. 

I feel Monty will get it right in January with signings. But he’ll get punted if we are bottom 2 before the split. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley