110 members have voted

1. 1. Chp Shop Scottish Cup 1st Round

• Red Pudding
    • King Rib
  2. 2. Chip Shop Scottish Cup 1st Round

• Scampi
    • Mince Pie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/23 at 14:57

Which areas of the country have chippies that deal in red pudding?

Almost non existent I think in the Greater Glasgow area.

I had a white pudding (also non existent in Glasgow chippies) supper once in (I think) Aberdeen and it was OK but not a patch on black pudding, IMO. A bit on the dry side.

The chippy in Abbyview used to do a fantastic red pudding. I’m going back to when auld Albert had that shop tho. I’ve never had a good red pudding for about 35+ years now. The last one I had was beyond bouffin, the batter would chip yer teeth let alone the pudding. 
As for king ribs, they are the devils own curse on mankind, even as a child I couldn’t eat one. As mentioned above the grease running out them is horrendous 

Used to love a king rib but somewhere along the line, I've obviously had a near death experience as they give me the heebies. Big up old Ron who used to do numerous variations; normal, Chinese, Tikka etc. Mad cúnt. 

Red pudding is what Americans call Bologna/Baloney. Its fucking excellent. 

Edit : if your West Coast butchers/delis don't do bologna, go to Home Bargains. They sell it in the full sausage like form, red wrapper. Take it home, cut it into discs and whap it in a frying pan. You'll fall in love and be amazed when you read this next bit - that one you just bought is shite.

Edited by Derry Alli

7 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Used to love a king rib but somewhere along the line, I've obviously had a near death experience as they give me the heebies. Big up old Ron who used to do numerous variations; normal, Chinese, Tikka etc. Mad cúnt. 

Red pudding is what Americans call Bologna/Baloney. Its fucking excellent. 

Baloney was what my mother put in our packed lunch sandwiches when were stayed in America.

Then it was upgraded to Mortadella.