Queens v Kelty

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

Doubt our beloved Chairman will be able to gage the mood of the fans in Australia, so wouldn’t be surprised to see him in charge next week

Maybe @Swarley could nip round to visit BH and apply a bit of the Fergie hair dryer treatment ...

6 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

FFS.  If anyone knows any taxi drivers, give them a call and tell them to get round to Palmy asap.  Destination:  tae f*ck.

Hopefully, there is enough room in there for the board too. 

1 minute ago, JK_Queens said:

How quickly after the game till he’s sacked then? Surely can’t survive this. A 5 or 6-1 defeat might not be the worst thing to make sure. 

Yeah, a real hammering by 5 or 6 here is probably what's required to expedite the inevitable.

We can sack him all we like. I have no faith we will hire anyone that can turn the tide.  

Our managerial recruitment record should be scrutinised more, because it is fucking horrendous. Yet it will be the same people doing the hiring. 

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

We can sack him all we like. I have no faith we will hire anyone that can turn the tide.  

Our managerial recruitment record should be scrutinised more, because it is fucking horrendous. Yet it will be the same people doing the hiring. 

Are you seriously advocating that we keep him?

1 minute ago, qos_75 said:

Don't remember many - if any - dissenting voices when Gibson and then Bartley were appointed.  Seems you are always looking for ' a stick to beat ' the Board with.  

1 minute ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Don't remember many - if any - dissenting voices when Gibson and then Bartley were appointed.  Seems you are always looking for ' a stick to beat ' the Board with.  

I was skeptical of appointing Gibson, but pretty sure the majority agreed that Bartley would be a good appointment..

Just now, QoS99 said:

I was skeptical of appointing Gibson, but pretty sure the majority agreed that Bartley would be a good appointment..

I think most of us (myself included) saw the Bartley appointment as a refreshing change, but we all knew the risk (lack of experience) and just hoped it would succeed.  It's a shame but we can't afford to drop to L2, action is required here.

Just now, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Well yes. Given the buck stops with them I would say that is fair. Or do you think they should be absolved from any blame? 

Do you think they are doing a good job and are you happy with how we have been doing over the past five or six years? 

3 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

The Gibson appointment was an inevitability.  I think we all knew it was going to happen, and thought that no-one could be worse than Johnston.

Bartley's patter had us nearly all of us fooled - me included - I'm sorry to say.  The board were probably blinded by his talk too, especially given the lack of credible candidates at the time.