Queens v Kelty

Both Bartley and Gibson were in the inexperienced punt category of managerial appointments. High risk, high reward. 

If they do well, they potentially get us promoted and they are away for compensation - particularly Bartley with the length of contract. 

Don’t think I need to spell out the if they don’t do well scenario as it’s came to fruition with both. The 2 year deals for players particularly concerning. Could end up with players on FT contracts in league 2. 

A more experienced appointment would be welcome next though. The threat of getting relegated given our current trajectory is too high. 

Who is everyone realistically wanting then? I wanted Neil McCann last time but don't think there is any chance he goes near us. I'd suggest John Robertson, done a decent job at Inverness before he took time off due to personal issues.

Just now, Kelheart said:

Sorry lads but brilliant second half display from us , crucial goals at crucial times , Tidser spot on with tactics and selection today , going home in the dark a happy chappy 

Poor effort from Kelty there ... we really needed you to hit 5 or 6, disappointing.

10 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

The Gibson appointment was an inevitability.  I think we all knew it was going to happen, and thought that no-one could be worse than Johnston.

Bartley's patter had us nearly all of us fooled - me included - I'm sorry to say.  The board were probably blinded by his talk too, especially given the lack of credible candidates at the time.

Sadly has to go now if we are to salvage anything this season and let a new manager have a chance in the January window. That was it today. No more excuses.  

4 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Sadly has to go now if we are to salvage anything this season and let a new manager have a chance in the January window. That was it today. No more excuses.  

Please god he takes Grant Murray with him. What had that guy ever done apart from helping us put together the worst defence in our history. Waste of a wage an epic failure in two regimes

At the end of the day Billy H is going to have to fork out a fair bit of cash if Bartley is to be paid off.  That, together with Hewitson being "cautious" when it comes to releasing funds from the club bank account, means he'll probably revert to type and appoint the cheapest option in terms of wage and potential compensation to any other club if said candidate is currently in employment elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

At the end of the day Billy H is going to have to fork out a fair bit of cash if Bartley is to be paid off.  That, together with Hewitson being "cautious" when it comes to releasing funds from the club bank account, means he'll probably revert to type and appoint the cheapest option in terms of wage and potential compensation to any other club if said candidate is currently in employment elsewhere.

If it's a FT gig on offer Kevin Thomson will take it 🤔 

10 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Grant Murray will probably get the gig based on that. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer