Queens v Kelty

15 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Notwithstanding the contractual aspect I am astonished that MB was allowed to remain at the helm this long. Cannot possibly continue - if allowed to see out his contract we could be Lowland League bound. Change required and some experienced players needed pronto. Obviously a complete reset required but first priority is to stay up and with this squad that is no easy task for anybody coming in.

It’s all the players fault apparently. He takes absolutely no responsibility. 

18 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

It’s all the players fault apparently. He takes absolutely no responsibility. 

I know we want rid of him but the second sentence is just wrong. He's said in several interviews the blame is on him. Sadly nothing changes but he's clearly blamed himself on more than one occasion. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I know we want rid of him but the second sentence is just wrong. He's said in several interviews the blame is on him. Sadly nothing changes but he's clearly blamed himself on more than one occasion. 

I don't agree with you here.

Oh, I know he says it often enough, but his analysis never involves him confessing to errors.  Instead, he tells us all how hard he works and how much he tells them what to do.  

I think he just says it's his responsibility because he periodically remembers that he kinda should.  Nothing else he does or says, however, points to it being sincere.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't agree with you here.

Oh, I know he says it often enough, but his analysis never involves him confessing to errors.  Instead, he tells us all how hard he works and how much he tells them what to do.  

I think he just says it's his responsibility because he periodically remembers that he kinda should.  Nothing else he does or says, however, points to it being sincere.

I don't know what else he can do then? He's literally came out in the past and taken responsibility yet we have a poster saying "he takes no responsibility". I just think there are a lot of things we can legitimately beat him with but that's not one of them. 

He doesn't change a system that isn't working so in that regard he's not taking action but I think he's at least coming out and saying it's not all down to the players*. I honestly can't recall AJ doing similar, even if it is just lip service. 

* Yesterday excluded :lol:

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't know what else he can do then? He's literally came out in the past and taken responsibility yet we have a poster saying "he takes no responsibility". I just think there are a lot of things we can legitimately beat him with but that's not one of them. 

He doesn't change a system that isn't working so in that regard he's not taking action but I think he's at least coming out and saying it's not all down to the players*. I honestly can't recall AJ doing similar, even if it is just lip service. 

* Yesterday excluded :lol:

I've not heard him genuinely question any selection decisions he's made, or substitutions during matches.  He's also not reflected on the aimless passing we try to do in our own third, which has sometimes cost us. 

Instead, he is much more prepared than most managers, to publicly fixate on individual performances and failings.

I really don't think he is accepting responsibility in any meaningful sense.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've not heard him genuinely question any selection decisions he's made, or substitutions during matches.  He's also not reflected on the aimless passing we try to do in our own third, which has sometimes cost us. 

Instead, he is much more prepared than most managers, to publicly fixate on individual performances and failings.

I really don't think he is accepting responsibility in any meaningful sense.

He can't answer questions he's not been asked tbf. That comes down to the interviewer but as has been said, if it's a club interview they aren't going to really ask the pressing questions. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He can't answer questions he's not been asked tbf. That comes down to the interviewer but as has been said, if it's a club interview they aren't going to really ask the pressing questions. 

True, but on the evidence of what we see, and of what else he says, I think that "I take full responsibility" is simply something that he's prepared to say because he feels he ought to.

I honestly don't think he does take much though, given how readily he assigns it elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

True, but on the evidence of what we see, and of what else he says, I think that "I take full responsibility" is simply something that he's prepared to say because he feels he ought to.

I honestly don't think he does take much though, given how readily he assigns it elsewhere.

We are all doomed as Doonhamer John Laurie used to say in Dads Army….

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He hasn't accepted any culpability.  It's just empty words. He doesn't need to be asked what mistakes he's made in order to own up to them. Clearly the club's media representative isn't going to ask him why it's his fault. He freely elaborates on the mistakes of others. I don't recall him being asked what the players are doing in their spare time but he was quick to opine on that.

20 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

He hasn't accepted any culpability.  It's just empty words. He doesn't need to be asked what mistakes he's made in order to own up to them. Clearly the club's media representative isn't going to ask him why it's his fault. He freely elaborates on the mistakes of others. I don't recall him being asked what the players are doing in their spare time but he was quick to opine on that.

Marvin “pass the buck” Bartley 

The worse thing about Saturday was that Kelty were there for the taking.

Should have been a couple of goals ahead then Efe got bored gave away a stupid corner then decided he did not want to mark his man .

A decent manager would have had them fired up for the 2nd half but we started the half poorly lost 2 bad goals heads went down game finished .

Amazed Bartley seems to have survived this surely the booing and a crowd of 945 says it all.

5 hours ago, Greenacres said:

The worse thing about Saturday was that Kelty were there for the taking.

Should have been a couple of goals ahead then Efe got bored gave away a stupid corner then decided he did not want to mark his man .

A decent manager would have had them fired up for the 2nd half but we started the half poorly lost 2 bad goals heads went down game finished .

Amazed Bartley seems to have survived this surely the booing and a crowd of 945 says it all.

Probably true first half neeb but we were much improved second half , you guys were there for the taking second half and we duly obliged 😉😉