Your dream job

Cosmic Joe

My previous job was a kinda dream job in terms of work/life balance and enjoyment. Mon-Fri, 07.00 - 16.30 with workmates who included a couple of lifelong friends and nothing too taxing to be done. A really good working environment, just a pity the pay was shit.

My current post involves being back on shift work and can be a lot more stressful when things go tits up, but the flip side is that the wages and pension etc are pretty decent. A long weekend every 3rd week helps to negate the shift element and, barring any instances of health issues that could affect my ability to do the job or making a complete James Hunt of it, I'd like to think I will see my working days out here. 

The dream would be somewhere in the middle of the two.

7 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Sadly the golden age is long behind us. London does the laundering now, and the Caribbean covers the secrecy bit. The only real positive these days is that the historic reputation still means a wage premium compared to similar jobs in other industries, probably thanks to the sweetheart tax deals a lot of the industry has made with various kantons in the country.

7 hours ago, Molotov said:

Dignitas?

That’s the dream. One day I’ll fucking get there.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Not sure if a job managing the accounts that consist of suitcases full of gold teeth deposited by a pseudonymous German in 1945 sounds very dreamy.

Dumping them in a numbered box and padlocking it for eternity doesn’t require much managing.

That particular sector of Swiss finance was overblown anyway. Its reputation far exceeded its size. That said, various Balkan, East European and Italian crime gangs had plenty of use for Swiss banks. Plenty of stories about people walking in with duffel bags full of notes and the money being deposited, no questions asked. Credit Suisse in particular had a horrendous record on that score.

16 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Santa Claus

Work one night a year and earn enough to sit on your fat arse all year doing dick all while everyone works for you 

Plus you get fed on the job and the odd beer every now and again

Sounds like a CEO 

Professional cyclist. I know it looks hard as hell, but riding in the Tour and races all over the world would be incredible. I'm a bit old now though.

Movie actor. I'd love to be in a musical.

Within the realms of possibility I want to be some kind of play therapist, but for adults. Helping them reconnect with their inner child, playfulness and sensuality. Also I've been thinking of becoming a sex educator as the sex ed I got as a teen was utter shite and I see bairns now still largely clueless.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Professional cyclist. I know it looks hard as hell, but riding in the Tour and races all over the world would be incredible. I'm a bit old now though.

Within the realms of possibility I want to be some kind of play therapist, but for adults. Helping them reconnect with their inner child, playfulness and sensuality. Also I've been thinking of becoming a sex educator as the sex ed I got as a teen was utter shite and I see bairns now still largely clueless.

Surprised no one has done "Tour de France The Musical" yet.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

How do you know? 

2 hours ago, velo army said:

One of my pals at school in the late 70s/early 80s was Brian Smith.
Good guy. Saints fan too. Now a cycling commentator.
Glad he did so well as he is a sound guy and put in the hard work to achieve the success.