Your dream job

Cosmic Joe

On 19/11/2023 at 18:39, Ross. said:

When I tell folk I work in finance and live in Switzerland, it sounds a lot fucking dreamier than it is.

Just say you money launder for Italians, it's really not that far from the truth.

Edit: I see some have replied basically saying the same, should have read the fucking thread!!!

Anyway my aim is to purchase one of these and plod about ripping off tourists.

download(1).jpeg.6256e5c788fab172eeeda421d5106891.jpeg

Edited by tree house tam

5 minutes ago, mathematics said:

From the 11th December, I’d like to be the guy that dishes out £100 fines for parking on the pavement in East Dunbartonshire.

I'd get the shit kicked out of me on a regular basis in a job like that. Pulling smug Bateman faces while some entitled roaster rages about being caught doing something they knew they shouldn't. Delicious.

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's important to have a job that makes a difference, boys. That's why I manually masturbate caged animals for artificial insemination.

I know a guy who did this. When I was in Sweden, another student had done this as a summer job on horses. 

He said they sprayed a leather pad with pheromones, and walked the horse in to a cage with its nose up against the pad. Close the gate, put on a glove, grab a bucket and away you go.

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I know a guy who did this. When I was in Sweden, another student had done this as a summer job on horses. 

He said they sprayed a leather pad with pheromones, and walked the horse in to a cage with its nose up against the pad. Close the gate, put on a glove, grab a bucket and away you go.

This has reminded me of one of the Jackass films, so thanks for that  :barf

Lassie I used to know admitted that she'd go with her pal when she groomed her horse because her friend would let her wash his willy. We all have our own interests in life, I suppose.

I never had any realistic goals when i was young and always assumed i would walk into any line of work and land on my feet. Had a couple of false starts but eventually fell into the construction industry which is where i will remain until death probably.

I wouldn’t have said i am a million miles off having a dream job within the parameters i have set myself in life - i get to work on my own mostly but i can roam about chatting to who i want all the time, get to drive from site to site. get plenty fresh air and exercise, can show up to work not giving a f**k and nobody will even notice whilst making l very good money for the work i actually do. 

I do still get the constant feeling that i’m wasting my life though and that i’m entirely uninterested in what i do.

7 hours ago, throbber said:

I never had any realistic goals when i was young and always assumed i would walk into any line of work and land on my feet. Had a couple of false starts but eventually fell into the construction industry

building.jpg.f57e0a8e41626ff97a0a6cc3469fb182.jpg

one of yours? 

A type of Donny 'Bear Jew' Donowitz character that travels the country / world and does very bad things to people who partake in acts of animal cruelty.

That said, from a job longevity perspective this would require some legislative change (especially the parts outlawing bludgeoning, even if just occasional) and it looks like there would be a few hoops to jump through.

On 22/11/2023 at 14:50, scottsdad said:

On 22/11/2023 at 15:09, BFTD said:

This has reminded me of one of the Jackass films, so thanks for that  :barf

Lassie I used to know admitted that she'd go with her pal when she groomed her horse because her friend would let her wash his willy. We all have our own interests in life, I suppose.

I worked at one of the off site Airport car parks while a student and they had a failed police dog, a German Shepherd - a certifiable psychopath, yer XL bullies had nothing on him - that they'd let run about at night to deter the local scallywags from Linwood taking too keen an interest in working out how to scale the perimeter fence. One of the old boys that was a shift manager would go down to its kennel after dark and w**k it off once a week when he was on the night shift. He was the only guy on site whose throat was safe from being ripped out in the dead of night.  

16 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I worked at one of the off site Airport car parks while a student and they had a failed police dog, a German Shepherd - a certifiable psychopath, yer XL bullies had nothing on him - that they'd let run about at night to deter the local scallywags from Linwood taking too keen an interest in working out how to scale the perimeter fence. One of the old boys that was a shift manager would go down to its kennel after dark and w**k it off once a week when he was on the night shift. He was the only guy on site whose throat was safe from being ripped out in the dead of night.  

It was you, wasn't it?