Your dream job

Cosmic Joe

I loved my old job, 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off rotation, travelling the world to really interesting countries that not many tourists go to due to war or being 3rd World, the work was not demanding and sometimes I was just on standby watching films in my office all day. Pay was really decent. At the end of each trip, head office would call and ask where I wanted my flight tickets to, they would fly me wherever I wanted to go. Had to stop because I was missing a lot of my kids growing up.

A future dream job is living off the success of my kids. They owe me that much.

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Santa Claus

Work one night a year and earn enough to sit on your fat arse all year doing dick all while everyone works for you 

Plus you get fed on the job and the odd beer every now and again

The thought of getting stuck in a chimney is terrifying. Imagine getting soot in your sack. And your nose would be tickly too. 

I defy anyone to watch Gremlins without laughing inappropriately at Phoebe Cates' story about why she hates Christmas. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

The thought of getting stuck in a chimney is terrifying. Imagine getting soot in your sack. And your nose would be tickly too. 

I defy anyone to watch Gremlins without laughing inappropriately at Phoebe Cates' story about why she hates Christmas. 

The union put a stop to him going down chimneys now, and he doesn't even need to lift anything heavy anymore (no doubt due to a back injury)

Absolute cushty number nowadays

31 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The union put a stop to him going down chimneys now, and he doesn't even need to lift anything heavy anymore (no doubt due to a back injury)

Absolute cushty number nowadays

Elf and Safety gone mad innit

Edited by Bairnardo
spelling ffs

There's no such thing as a perfect job IMO. Sure, there are some jobs that sound nice on the surface, but really it's not only just the displeasure of completing the activities that people dislike about working, its the absence of choice and free will. You can take away displeasure part, but you cant remove the 2nd part.

Anyone who genuinely enjoys working is a perverse human being IMO. I would happily never work again ever. I would never get bored of being in control of my own schedule, getting to decide to do what I want to do whenever I want to do it. I don't understand people who would find that boring.

2 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Working is fundamentally shit. 

Winning an obscene amount of money on the lottery and doing whatever I want is my dream. 

Is the correct answer.

But with Euromillions odds of approx. 150,000,000 to 1 against, it's still a tax on the stupid.

Disclaimer - I play Euromillions.

22 hours ago, Ross. said:

When I tell folk I work in finance and live in Switzerland, it sounds a lot fucking dreamier than it is.

You live in Switzerland? 

My dream job’s if i couldnt just win the Euromillions, id either be a caddy on the PGA tour or one of the guys who works on the Taylormade/Titleist truck who basically get to make a living sticking grips onto golf clubs and handing out golf balls. Either that or one of the rules officials, paid to travel the world telling the players if its a free drop? Aye. 
More realistic dream job airline pilot, longhaul fleet, theres a youtuber i watch ‘My layover life’ wow what a life that guy has. Then either Superyacht Captain or work on a big cruise ship as an officer. 

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

Anyone who genuinely enjoys working is a perverse human being IMO. I would happily never work again ever. I would never get bored of being in control of my own schedule, getting to decide to do what I want to do whenever I want to do it. I don't understand people who would find that boring.

Like those folk who win the lottery* and keep working, they should have the winnings taken off them and be placed on a register somewhere 

*enough to allow them to retire of course

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

or one of the guys who works on the Taylormade/Titleist truck who basically get to make a living sticking grips onto golf clubs and handing out golf balls. 

Dinghy that. I seen a video where the guy got hassle from players wanting tees a certain size on different days. Hundreds of them.

Not for me, Rod.