Duncan disorderly's rejuventated ICT v Raith Rovers

I was pretty disappointed at half time that we hadn't created a great deal, as we had absolutely dominated the ball - up there with the most assured we've looked in terms of controlling a game.  Felt like it was one of those games where we would regret not taking advantage of being on top of things, which is how it felt at 1-0.

The attitude of the team is fantastic though.  Even going behind hasn't got that same tired resignation of old. Says a lot that I don't think anyone left early at 1-0 with a few mins to go - a while since I've seen that at a Rovers game.  

Vaughan was absolutely fantastic yesterday - especially in that 2nd half.  

Weirdly, despite the lateness of the win, the first half was the biggest gulf I've seen between sides this season.  Other than Wotherspoon, Inverness are extremely ordinary - and that goal isn't conceded with anywhere near a first choice back line.  Tough one for Corr, there certainly is a player in there - I'm enthused by the potential there.  He was largely fine other than that.  O'Reilly looks like a decent find too.

The technique for the equaliser is superb Vaughan cooly flicks the ball over with his right foot then strikes it so cleanly with his left (weaker foot). You could argue the keeper should do more but I wonder if the flick has left him unsighted. 

It's got echos of Eastons against the pars but looks smoother,  for me its out goal of the season so far. 

Edited by pub car king

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I was pretty disappointed at half time that we hadn't created a great deal, as we had absolutely dominated the ball - up there with the most assured we've looked in terms of controlling a game.  Felt like it was one of those games where we would regret not taking advantage of being on top of things, which is how it felt at 1-0.

The attitude of the team is fantastic though.  Even going behind hasn't got that same tired resignation of old. Says a lot that I don't think anyone left early at 1-0 with a few mins to go - a while since I've seen that at a Rovers game.  

Vaughan was absolutely fantastic yesterday - especially in that 2nd half.  

Weirdly, despite the lateness of the win, the first half was the biggest gulf I've seen between sides this season.  Other than Wotherspoon, Inverness are extremely ordinary - and that goal isn't conceded with anywhere near a first choice back line.  Tough one for Corr, there certainly is a player in there - I'm enthused by the potential there.  He was largely fine other than that.  O'Reilly looks like a decent find too.

This bit is the key, not convinced it's on Corr alone there, Mullin was paying no attention to McKay coming in and Corr got caught with no help. A settled back 4 is something we'll probably not see this season too many times so for us to be doing so well is great. 

6 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

Tells you everything you need to know about a team that fights and fights for everything. Another makeshift defence that will not give up. To the Thug, GIRFUY. 

Better team won, feeling a bit conflicted but i can't stick Dundee UTD 😆enjoying the battle for top spot. 👍

5 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

There was much to like in the Rovers' performance yesterday, but what hasn't yet been mentioned was the magnificent tackle from Shaun Byrne which started the move leading to the penalty.

Also think people aren’t considering Mullin bring on the end of Easton’s cross, at the end line, to head the ball back into space directly in front of Vaughan. It was a beautifully weighted head back to Vaughan that literally bounced onto his foot.