Duncan disorderly's rejuventated ICT v Raith Rovers

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

We need Colin Steven back refereeing our games against Raith Rovers ASAP. 

Yep, we would have had 3 penalty's (to ranjurs) rather than just the one

Edited by keyser_soze

24 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Was it Longstaff who gave away the pen? Has he been any good at ICT? There was a rumour he was maybe coming back on loan to Cove in January but I thought he was doing well? 

Would absolutely take Luis back on loan in a heartbeat. Exactly what we need and would terrorise L1 full backs

45 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Was it Longstaff who gave away the pen? Has he been any good at ICT? There was a rumour he was maybe coming back on loan to Cove in January but I thought he was doing well? 

I can see that. We should certainly be looking to make room for better attacking players.

Looked way out of his depth at first, but added a lot in workrate since Ferguson came in. Still not good enough for championship. We just don't have a lot of options at the moment.

Missed the game today, listened on Raith TV. Sounded like a decent match Rovers doing everything but scoring, Caley hitting us with the sucker punch from a good cross, Caley turning the screw and big Kev saving us from 2-0 then the turnaround for us to sucker punch Caley.  Won’t feel sorry for you lads as we’ve had more than our fair share of bad luck in this fixture over the past two decades with many sucker punches. Anyway great result for us to keep the pressure on Dundee Utd. 

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Raith fans describing a team sitting 2nd in the Championship pre-xmas having won f**k all as 'incredible' shows how success starved they are.

Make no mistakes had Dodds not been so abject to allow Raith to end their hoodoo last time out, confidence would have collapsed when we went ahead as history has shown over the last 23 years. Raiths win is as much down to Billy Dodds as their own team.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 seething 

16 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Got to admit, this boy Tarmo's salty tears are the cherry on top.

What a fucking team... superb!

Having missed this historic event though work, I too had enjoyed the wee Brucey bonus of this Roaster Tarmo's words of wisdom. 

Dear Tarmo, the league cup is a real cup, I've not only seen it but held it too. Winning it when we did got us entry into the UEFA cup (also a real cup at that time) competition where in the second  round (3rd tie) we played Bayern Munich ( a real team).

Oh and ask your mum to buy you an encyclopedia of football for Christmas and if need be get her to read it to you.

Edited by Scottydog

Watching the highlights and it looks like a penalty in the first half for the barge on O’Riley. Also don’t think the ball crossed the line, think it’s the keeper that is in the net. 

Tremendous bit of class from LV10 for the equaliser and Stanton as usual being so quick on everything and drawing a clear foul. What a pen from Hammer as well. Hit it so confidently. 

Thank f**k the ridiculous hoodoo is fully in the bin now. Enjoy your nights ladies and gents! 

First penalty claim is a stone waller, imo. O’Reilly gets his head on the ball and the Inverness boy just bulldozes him over. Crazy decision from the ref who is right there on the spot to see it. The one where it looks as though the net ripples I think is the right decision. The net moves because the goalie’s foot hits the net. Can see why the Raith TV guys thought it was over at the time. I think we had a few decent chances and obviously a lot of the ball before we went behind without really looking too dangerous. The chance where Vaughan tied the full back up in knots before cutting it back to Stanton is probably the pick of the chances. 

Inverness goal comes from Dylan Corr just getting caught under the flight of the ball and us not having a proper right back. Mullin doesn’t tuck in behind him and the boy just gets between the two of them. Vaughan’s goal is just Lewis Vaughan being Lewis Vaughan. As the ball is about to be played to him and he’s in space, he glances to his left and knows the Inverness player who’s going to be coming to try challenge him is coming from that side. Shapes to shoot, dummies it and lets the defender ghost past him then slams it home with his left. Super level of awareness to create and fashion the space for a shot then the ability to execute the finish. He could easily bang in 25 goals this year whilst not even playing as a striker. We are so lucky to have him. What really stood out to me about the equaliser is that Sam Stanton is in the net getting the ball and going back to the centre circle. Vaughan celebrates but the players are all just wanting to get back and get underway again because they fucking know there’s a good chance we’re going to get another. 

The penalty for the winner is a definite penalty and it’s something we see from Stanton every week. He’s got that ability to just get his toe to the ball a split second before his opponent. Gullan slams it home with what is a terrific penalty. How much longer can we can this up? A good while yet, I’ll bet. 

Inverness very fortunate not to concede a penalty in the first half for a foul on O'Reilly. Presumably the ref just ignored it because he won the ball, despite the Inverness player then going straight through him in the challenge with the ball gone. A poor decision.

Impossible to tell if the first half 'goal' was over the line or not. If it was then I think the limesman has just about zero prospect of seeing it. Ridgers must've been relieved, anyway.

Speaking of Ridgers, he should be saving our first goal. However, it was quite something just seeing us get the ball to get the game restarted so we could crack on. A point was a good outcome here, but we wanted more. And we bloody got it. There is an absolutely tremendous attitude in this team: we don't stop and it's evident amongst the numerous late goals we've scored this season to win matches. The shift in mentality from the fragility of the last few seasons is astonishing. 

The penalty was a stonewaller: handball from the Inverness player, who then puts it beyond doubt by wiping Stanton out and getting nowhere near the ball he just handled. Great penalty from Gullan too. I enjoyed the guy shouting "cheats" several times after the penalty, despite it being as clear a penalty as you're going to see. 

Won't dwell too much on Inverness' goal, other than to say it's a poor one to concede. These things will happen when we're struggling for numbers in defence and playing players out of position. 

Edited by Michael W

Stanton grabbing the ball out of the net and running back to the centre circle instead of celebrating when we’ve just scored an equaliser 4 minutes from time tells you all you need to know about the character in this team. 
Ian Murray has built and moulded something special here. 

14 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I can see that. We should certainly be looking to make room for better attacking players.

Looked way out of his depth at first, but added a lot in workrate since Ferguson came in. Still not good enough for championship. We just don't have a lot of options at the moment.

He has pretty ordinary for us in L1 which is why he was let go. Please play him next week against us.