Raith v Partick, 8 Dec...the race to keep up with DU

Just now, TxRover said:

Looks like a 4-1-3-2…not sure I love that…

I was thinking a 4-2-3-1 with Stanton dropping in deeper and Vaughan playing behond Hamilton. 

Probably the strongest squad we've had all available all season, hope we can live up to that come full time. Feeling more anxious about getting a result here than against Dundee United. 

That's a 4132 on paper. Murray might drop stanton deep but I doubt it. Go at them from the off get the lead, bring brown on to shore up the midfield 3 points and top of the league... That's what I'd imagine the plan is but time will tell and this is going to be a big test tonight. Thistle are definitely a good team with alot of players that can hurt us. I expect dabrowski will be a little busier tonight. I'd take a point but it would obviously be excellent to get a win here and against Arbroath to set up next weekend at Tannadice 

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

That's a 4132 on paper. Murray might drop stanton deep but I doubt it. Go at them from the off get the lead, bring brown on to shore up the midfield 3 points and top of the league... That's what I'd imagine the plan is but time will tell and this is going to be a big test tonight. Thistle are definitely a good team with alot of players that can hurt us. I expect dabrowski will be a little busier tonight. I'd take a point but it would obviously be excellent to get a win here and against Arbroath to set up next weekend at Tannadice 

Dont know how it'll play out tonight , but I'm more worried about the banana skin that is Arbroath lol

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

29 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

I was thinking a 4-2-3-1 with Stanton dropping in deeper and Vaughan playing behond Hamilton. 

Probably the strongest squad we've had all available all season, hope we can live up to that come full time. Feeling more anxious about getting a result here than against Dundee United. 

Anytime we drop Stanton deeper we lose more than we gain.

27 minutes ago, embow said:

It's a 4-4-1-1 line up

Not sure I see that…you watching warm ups?

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Concur, except I’d not be surprised if Brown sits it out to ensure he’s properly recovered. 3 games in short order, why strain anyone. Looking forward to seeing our true senior backline Murray and O’Reilly between Millen and Dick.

I don't agree with Williams being dropped. We've looked more solid down that side with him than with Milne and I think he deserved a chance there against a better team. Hopefully Milne's few weeks out will be good for him though as, on form, he's obviously the best option there.