Raith v Partick, 8 Dec...the race to keep up with DU

This will be a huge match for both sides...

Raith come in on a four match (two in League) winning stretch and ten unbeaten. Those League wins were ICT and Queen's Park...7th and 8th, and one of the Non-League was over the Pars, 4th, the other was over an in form Accies side.

Partick come in on a four match (three in league) winning stretch and six unbeaten. Those three League wins were Airdrie, Arbroath and Morton...5th, 9th and 10th, and the Non-League was over Queen's Park, 8th.

Not really much between the sides in form, so should be a really interesting match to watch. Raith, once again, had to cobble together a backline that hadn't played a match as a unit this season...how's Partick's injury outlook?

Prediction: 2-1 Rovers because of the home pitch advantage. The same game at Firhill I'd be tempted to say the same favoring Partick, or a draw.

Tough game, was at the reverse fixture where Thistle should have won but took their foot off the gas at 2-0 and were punished. Thistle seem to be blowing hot and cold but are clearly to me the other team who’ll be in the top four (DUFC, RRFC, PTFC and ???). We’re high on confidence but we’ll need to be at our best to win this one. I hope Brian Graham is out as suggested above as he’s a hell of a striker as we know at Raith. Any win here would be awesome. 

2 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Graham suspended for next weekend ? 🤞

Could well be nonsense but heard someone say Brian’s suspension turned out only to be the 1 game (today’s) so if that’s true he’d be back for this one, but unsure about that as I’d expected it to be 2 at least tbh. AFAIK the club/Doolan haven’t said anything on it. 

35 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Could well be nonsense but heard someone say Brian’s suspension turned out only to be the 1 game (today’s) so if that’s true he’d be back for this one, but unsure about that as I’d expected it to be 2 at least tbh. AFAIK the club/Doolan haven’t said anything on it. 

On the assumption that he was sent off for a gesture at the Morton fans, it would just be one game.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

First of our back to back trips to Fife, which happens again near the end of the season.

We haven't won in 8 games in Kirkcaldy, stretching back 12 years (we didn't play each other for 7 years tbf).

There was a rumour Graham got two red cards vs Morton but don't think Thistle have confirmed or denied. If it was only one red card he should be back.

47 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

On the assumption that he was sent off for a gesture at the Morton fans, it would just be one game.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

36 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

First of our back to back trips to Fife, which happens again near the end of the season.

We haven't won in 8 games in Kirkcaldy, stretching back 12 years (we didn't play each other for 7 years tbf).

There was a rumour Graham got two red cards vs Morton but don't think Thistle have confirmed or denied. If it was only one red card he should be back.

Given it was a second yellow, on Nov 11th, in a League match…the punishment is one match, the next match in the same competition…which was served on 2 Dec bs Airdrie. If there was another red card, the punishment would not have been served yet, as Graham played vs. Queen’s Park in the cup, and a second red for violent conduct would be immediate for one game (and  he would have missed that Cup match)…which means at most he’d have a one game in League still pending.

I guess there’s a hope it’s true, but I doubt it.

12 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Reading the opening few posts of this thread, it's just great to be engaging with proper fans of a proper club after the binfire with these teuchtar mutants on P&B after yesterday's game.

Rattled. Good luck to Thistle in this one.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

End o the calendar year maybe neebs? Season has plenty to fly yet.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Ma bad, you mean it also happens at the end of the season. Too much swally, my apologies,

Our 9 league wins are all by a single goal margin, we are undefeated at home while Thistle have lost only one on the road (way back in early August)

Most stats point to another tight game but so longs the injury list isn’t any worse by Friday, it’s hard not to be confident right now.

TV game.. chance to go top of the league…years gone by you know we blow it but this squad has that something different about them this season, looking forward to it.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Given it was a second yellow, on Nov 11th, in a League match…the punishment is one match, the next match in the same competition…which was served on 2 Dec bs Airdrie. If there was another red card, the punishment would not have been served yet, as Graham played vs. Queen’s Park in the cup, and a second red for violent conduct would be immediate for one game (and  he would have missed that Cup match)…which means at most he’d have a one game in League still pending.

I guess there’s a hope it’s true, but I doubt it.

I think the reason for the doubt is that the cards were shown after he had been substituted.

Raith have been a bit of a bogey team for us recently and now seem to be on a rich vein of form.In saying that if we play like we did in first half against Airdrie ,but keep the form going for a whole game, then who knows. 

Still fancy Raith to get the points but would be happy with a draw.