Raith v Partick, 8 Dec...the race to keep up with DU

Hopefully a decent crowd for this one as both teams are doing well at the moment. The game earlier in the year was a bit odd as even though we had created a few decent chances Thistle looked in total control until deep into the 2nd half and then we did what we do this seaon and score twice in the last few minutes.

I'm hoping the motivation of going top will be enough for the players and we win this one 2 - 0

18 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Yep, not being a season ticket holder will probably, not definitely, make me watch it at home with a beer or five 

I am a season ticket holder but it's the wife's work night out so I'm on parental duties. Bad time of year for us to get a home game picked for a Friday night game on the beeb. Pizza, beer n fitbaw on the telly while I'll let the wee one have a late night sounds decent though. 

18 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I think it being on cooncil TV will dampen the crowd

Yup, Friday nights not great for away supports either, so it'll be BBC Scotland for me. 

At least I can always turn it off if things don't go well 😬

Buzzing for this, got a half day lined up so looking forward to a afternoon session before the game. 

Tough game and could go either way. But this is a massive chance for the Rovers in the next few days to get a firm grip on second - and Murray and the players will know it.

A win on Friday followed by a win on Wednesday up in Arbroath and we will be 11 points clear of Partick with the same games played. Two losses and its 2 points!

Millen, Murray and Brown hopefully all back in. Hoping we have enough. COYR

Really looking forward to this and it should be a cracker for the TV.

Hopefully, all Rovers fans who can, get their butts down to Stark's for this.  I get that it may be difficult for some so close to Christmas so the TV would seem a great option.  As well as the atmosphere though, it's worth going to the game just to avoid watching Michael Stewart and James McFadden wanking themselves into a frenzy over Brian Graham as usual........

5 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Really looking forward to this and it should be a cracker for the TV.

Hopefully, all Rovers fans who can, get their butts down to Stark's for this.  I get that it may be difficult for some so close to Christmas so the TV would seem a great option.  As well as the atmosphere though, it's worth going to the game just to avoid watching Michael Stewart and James McFadden wanking themselves into a frenzy over Brian Graham as usual........

Probably could have ended that sentence with "Just to avoid watching Michael Stewart".

I watched the EPL games on Amazon last night, they have a feature to turn off commentary. Why is that not a standard option for all broadcasters?

I have this down as the Big Brian Graham vs Dylan Easton decider, for the BBC Scotland pundits' most revered.  Of course, I hope they will all be talking about the big man's winning goal(s).  However, the purist in me doesn't begrudge a kind word for Dylan.

The first game of the season was an odd one. I remember thinking that we looked much better than Rovers, but Doolan made a tactical error that cost us. Since then though, Rovers have been very impressive and we’re looking at a tough game.

BBC suggested that Josh Mullin played right back against Inverness? Is that correct? If so and it continues here, then I would think that Lawless and McMillan have potential to be very important, while Fitzpatrick on the other side is in great form just now. I’d also bring Harry Milne back in - harsh on Williams who’s been great, but we need the natural left footedness and attacking threat that he brings back. Very worried about Shaun Byrne though, I think he’s an excellent player and has the potential to completely nullify our midfield. Was really hoping we’d be able to sign him. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The first game of the season was an odd one. I remember thinking that we looked much better than Rovers, but Doolan made a tactical error that cost us. Since then though, Rovers have been very impressive and we’re looking at a tough game.

BBC suggested that Josh Mullin played right back against Inverness? Is that correct? If so and it continues here, then I would think that Lawless and McMillan have potential to be very important, while Fitzpatrick on the other side is in great form just now. I’d also bring Harry Milne back in - harsh on Williams who’s been great, but we need the natural left footedness and attacking threat that he brings back. Very worried about Shaun Byrne though, I think he’s an excellent player and has the potential to completely nullify our midfield. Was really hoping we’d be able to sign him. 

Mullin played there due to a suspension for regular RB Millen. I’d imagine Millen will be back in unless there is an injury we don’t know about.

You are right about Byrne. He has been class for us.

It feels like it might as well have been last season that first game. Since that game we've brought in Byrne and O'Reilly while also seeing key players like Connolly and Brown come back to fitness.

Duncan Ferguson said in his pre match against us last week that he had no idea how we would line up because our starting 11 had changed so much in the weeks gone by and I really can't see Friday being any different.

Ross Millen should be back, but all that does is push a headache a bit further up the pitch. There's been next to no details on whether we'll see Dick, Murray or Brown back for this one, or whether Ross Matthews is any nearer to making appearances on the bench. 

I'm very interested to see how things go. We've come up against a few teams this season who have been on tremendous runs (Dunfermline's unbeaten record at home, Duncan's manager bounce at Caley) while also ending more than a few hoodoos at the same time. Really hopeful we should have a good home support here even with the TV cameras.

8 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Probably could have ended that sentence with "Just to avoid watching Michael Stewart".

I watched the EPL games on Amazon last night, they have a feature to turn off commentary. Why is that not a standard option for all broadcasters?

That function is called mute.

6 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It feels like it might as well have been last season that first game. Since that game we've brought in Byrne and O'Reilly while also seeing key players like Connolly and Brown come back to fitness.

Duncan Ferguson said in his pre match against us last week that he had no idea how we would line up because our starting 11 had changed so much in the weeks gone by and I really can't see Friday being any different.

Ross Millen should be back, but all that does is push a headache a bit further up the pitch. There's been next to no details on whether we'll see Dick, Murray or Brown back for this one, or whether Ross Matthews is any nearer to making appearances on the bench. 

I'm very interested to see how things go. We've come up against a few teams this season who have been on tremendous runs (Dunfermline's unbeaten record at home, Duncan's manager bounce at Caley) while also ending more than a few hoodoos at the same time. Really hopeful we should have a good home support here even with the TV cameras.

Liam Dick played against Inverness

1 hour ago, bobbykdy said:

That function is called mute.

An alternative, but a game with just stadium atmosphere is better still.

On the game, hoping we have some of the shorter term injured back in the frame. We've not had a Ross Matthews update in a while, hopefully he's close to appearing on the bench again.

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

On the game, hoping we have some of the shorter term injured back in the frame. We've not had a Ross Matthews update in a while, hopefully he's close to appearing on the bench again.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4833139/forgotten-man-ross-matthews-could-return-against-partick-thistle-as-raith-rovers-enjoy-triple-injury-boost/

9 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

An alternative, but a game with just stadium atmosphere is better still.

In todays Courier that Matthews has trained all week and may make the squad.