Raith v Partick, 8 Dec...the race to keep up with DU

1 hour ago, SerieA said:

Everyone potentially available for Raith??A few decisions to be made by Murray.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Keith Watson seems to be the only one still injured.

I’d be surprised if Brown starts (or perhaps even plays), given the description as a hip flexor and only practicing one or two days. Murray is the most likely, as IM seemed to say his practiced  all week. Matthews will likely follow the Connolly mould for reintroduction, as we haven’t seen much about him in practice, so game fitness is questionable.

The most interesting question might be Vaughan, who was badly hobbled at the end of the last match, and hasn’t been talked about at all. No interview with IM yet…

If Brown and Murray are fit I can see them continuing in defence together-which would be tough on O’Reilly.

Can’t see Murray starting both Byrne and Brown in midfield.

Decision up top but if all are fit

Connolly Stanton Easton

Vaughan Hamilton

would be my picks. Again tough on Mullin, Smith n Gullan.

18 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Away support will be guff. Trains are non existent and a maximum 3 buses going seemingly, one of which is only a 50 seater.

Last time I looked at stadium plan  looked a healthy enough away support considering its Friday night and live on the box

Home sales not looking overly great at the mo

On 06/12/2023 at 21:23, BigMadMental said:

Away support will be guff. Trains are non existent and a maximum 3 buses going seemingly, one of which is only a 50 seater.

Had a look there and can easily get a train from Glasgow to Kirkcaldy and back if you really wanted to go tbh.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Had a look there and can easily get a train from Glasgow to Kirkcaldy and back if you really wanted to go tbh.

Aye was just coming to post this. I have to get the train back to Queen Street after ‘home’ games - from Starks fans can make the 22:06 from Kirkcaldy 👍🏼

Managed to get a seat on the bus so great times.

I think really for Thistle it’s a game they must not lose in order to stay in the hunt.

If Rovers go 8pts clear with both them and United with a game in hand, you’d think that’s just a wee bit out of sight. 

We were probably lucky in that we had our wobbler very early on, with teams around us maybe having that yet to come. 

Do Raith Rovers hate being called “Raith” the same as we hate “Partick”?

59 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

I think really for Thistle it’s a game they must not lose in order to stay in the hunt.

If Rovers go 8pts clear with both them and United with a game in hand, you’d think that’s just a wee bit out of sight. 

We were probably lucky in that we had our wobbler very early on, with teams around us maybe having that yet to come. 

We go by many names.  My personal favourite is what Dunfermline call us.  The 'wee team'.  Reminds me that we are indeed a wee team and to enjoy success while it lasts.  Also reminds me that they have a superiority complex which is laughable as they cannot get near us on the football pitch.
Quality over quantity.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

1 hour ago, BigMadMental said:

Doesn't really bother me. I've yet to encounter anyone in conversation saying "you going to the Raith game at the weekend/how did Raith play?", maybe other Rovers fans have but amongst my group of pals we just call the team the Rovers, "you going to the Rovers at the weekend/how did Rovers play?" or my personal favourite when my wife wants to do something "nah, ave got the Rovers the day". As much as I think someone saying "you going to the Partick game?" doesn't sound unusual I'm guessing it will to Thistle fans. I see most opposition fans on here calling us Raith mind you, doesn't bother me. I think Albion Rovers got a bit miffed in a cup game this season when our Twitter admin called them Albion, pretty sure their own admin replied saying something along the lines of "just call us The Rovers thank you" 😅

2 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

I would generally say “are you going to the Rovers?”. But it’s “come on you Raith!” 

Doesn’t bother me what folk call us.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Doesn't really bother me. I've yet to encounter anyone in conversation saying "you going to the Raith game at the weekend/how did Raith play?", maybe other Rovers fans have but amongst my group of pals we just call the team the Rovers, "you going to the Rovers at the weekend/how did Rovers play?" or my personal favourite when my wife wants to do something "nah, ave got the Rovers the day". As much as I think someone saying "you going to the Partick game?" doesn't sound unusual I'm guessing it will to Thistle fans. I see most opposition fans on here calling us Raith mind you, doesn't bother me. I think Albion Rovers got a bit miffed in a cup game this season when our Twitter admin called them Albion, pretty sure their own admin replied saying something along the lines of "just call us The Rovers thank you" 😅

Maybe because I’m Kirkcaldy born and bred but it’s always been the Rovers.

If bigmad doesn’t like being called Patrick we can call them plastic whistle. 😜