Raith v Partick, 8 Dec...the race to keep up with DU

Fantastic game and fantastic advert for Scottish football. Draw probably a fair result but Partick losing is always a bonus😏.

I thought Particks keeper could have done better with the first and 3rd goals but haven't watched the highlights back yet. 

Fwiw I'd say Raith have been the best team I've seen this season. Play good football, not afraid to dig deep and mix up and also have a very good squad of players. Credit to Ian Murray as he's came back from a meh season last time out to really push on.

11 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Fantastic game and fantastic advert for Scottish football. Draw probably a fair result but Partick losing is always a bonus😏.

I thought Particks keeper could have done better with the first and 3rd goals but haven't watched the highlights back yet. 

Fwiw I'd say Raith have been the best team I've seen this season. Play good football, not afraid to dig deep and mix up and also have a very good squad of players. Credit to Ian Murray as he's came back from a meh season last time out to really push on.

Last season Murray was having to do pretty much everything himself (well between him and his assistant) and he didn't have one of them for a spell at one point.

Now we have guys like John Potter taking care of a lot of the stuff Murray had to do it allows him to spend a lot more time doing what he wanted to do in regards to the team and the results so far are there for all to see.

13 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Last season Murray was having to do pretty much everything himself (well between him and his assistant) and he didn't have one of them for a spell at one point.

Now we have guys like John Potter taking care of a lot of the stuff Murray had to do it allows him to spend a lot more time doing what he wanted to do in regards to the team and the results so far are there for all to see.

Also you have all that “conservatory” money as well.

This isn’t a dig, as it’s clear that it’s been spent well, but it’s not that hard to see why you’ve gone from Matej Poplatnik to Jack Hamilton. 

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This isn’t a dig, as it’s clear that it’s been spent well, but it’s not that hard to see why you’ve gone from Matej Poplatnik to Jack Hamilton. 

Poplatnik wasn’t with us last season, it was the season before when we probably did have a budget similar to what we have now!

Last year the budget was apparently cut by 50% and we were scrambling around for the likes of William Akio, Isma Goncalves and John Frederiksen. All the stars!

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Overall, last seasons result may have greatly enabled this seasons team. We were in early signing players and building a team for what we knew to be the Championship. I think with our somewhat early (unofficial) elimination from the possible playoffs (both ways), the freedom to research and reach out to players paid off. Add to that the player budget increasing from the massive cut (reportedly about 50%) after the 21-22 season and IM’s wise use of those funds. In the summer after IM’s late-ish appointment, the pool of players was shallower and the needs were wider.

25 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Tory Dougie Ross running the line too I believe.

I want relentless abuse of that c**t for 90 minutes like he's never been witness too. 

At the end of it I want him to look like he's having a Vietnam flashback every time you mention football. 

18 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Tory Dougie Ross running the line too I believe.

He called me a w****r at Elgin a few years back in the cup.  To be fair calling me a w****r was tame for questioning everything from his love for fascism, his bullying of lassies at school, whether he loved the boaby (were a lot less snwokeflakes around then), his mother's love of the boaby, to his love of everything London ruled and if he only gets on the knee for his beloved Queen (at the time).
He is anti Scottish.  I am anti Tory.  Canny see us ever sharing a normal conversation.