Raith v Partick, 8 Dec...the race to keep up with DU

Never felt that game was ending a draw so whoever lost was going to be gutted, and feel slightly hard done by. That said, Raith shoulda been up a few at HT, we responded really well to going 2 down but was never confident we’d hold onto the lead with Raith putting the pressure on. Despite making a few good saves, Sneddon was really unconvincing at the goals which sort of sums him up as a keeper over a sustained period of time. 

Fair play to RR, playing a really attractive brand of football with a lot of really good organised team play and a great mentality could see United being challenged all the way. 

That was a brilliant advert for Scottish football. 

Our top division is so predictable with the same team winning it by miles in n most of the last 12 years and regularly dishing out tankings.

Take a look further down and there is real competition in the leagues.

Well done both teams but being honest I’ve watched Raith twice recently and they look a really good side.

First half we were the better side, fair play to Thistle, that own goal seemed to bring them to life and probably deserved to be infront. I thought we looked a bit slack and disjointed, but fair play to murray for changing things and it paid dividends. 
I am not just saying this because we won, but what a game of football that second half was. 

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

Convinced you just get lonely at the weekend and talk shite so people will reply to you.

Not at all. A very happy guy in my personal life. A wonderful boyfriend, a great job, that pays well. Couldn’t be happier. But thanks for your concern. Have a fantastic weekend.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagar said:

If you cant see them, then you are as blind as the others.

In other words, you dont know what you mean.

Club legend in charge playing a positive brand of football 

3rd in the league. 

2nd best attack.

Several youth players being given a chance.

Aye, youre right mate, send in the undertakers.

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

In other words, you dont know what you mean.

Club legend in charge playing a positive brand of football 

3rd in the league. 

2nd best attack.

Several youth players being given a chance.

Aye, youre right mate, send in the undertakers.

Just lets say that off the park, financially, it isnt exactly rosy.

Just now, wellyboot said:

Maybe not but I can recognise a bullshitting keyboard warrior! Good luck Thistle. Decent side, good support (except one) and definitely played their part tonight.

Highlandmagar…your dummy tit is in the post

That last line truly made me laugh. 

Murray’s in-game management deserves a lot of credit, I feel that’s still an area where Doolan could do with improving on at times.

I take it Bannigan was properly unavailable to come on unless needs must tonight because the game was crying out for him at HT imo, given we couldn’t string a pass together for about 40 minutes. Feel Doolan still left the first round of subs a bit late, but understand that given we’d really got into a flow and were on top he probably didn’t want to disrupt that. 

20 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I don't know how we chucked that away in 18mins, having been well on top. I don't know how we keep coming back to win matches like we do. 

We are seriously bad for my health, but fucking hell what a team. 

You don’t know much, do you?

I'd say it's more of a hole in the midfield. We've got two attacking full backs so need either a third centre half or a proper defensive midfielder. 

Maybe worth noting that our good run at the end of last season came when Milne was injured and Holt was at LB. While he was still a goal threat he wasn't bombing on as much as Milne and we were more solid, it freed Fitz up a bit more as well. 

I'm not saying we should drop Milne for Williams but against the two teams above us in the league and Hearts in the cup we've conceded 13 goals in 4 games so while we'll probably be around the playoffs we're a long way off the next level at the moment

Edit :meant to quote @I Clavdivs

Edited by Fuctifano