Raith v Partick, 8 Dec...the race to keep up with DU

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

And not a hope in hell that we have a budget more than thistle. We have a far smaller pool of players and a good few on the bench are yeally young on low wages. 

2 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

IMO we’re the clear 2nd best team in the league. Options off the bench that any club would be lucky to have at this level. 

Make up your mind lads. 

Firstly, what an outstanding game for the neutral to watch, even though the referee gave some truly baffling decisions. 
The Jags weren’t great in the first half but they really showed some spirit in the second, and looked like they were going to win this game with ease. But what an incredible first half performance and second half comeback from the Rovers.
RR, played a style of football that neutral fans can only be envious of. I thought they played some great football a EEP when they humped the urine oot us, but the performance last night surpassed that easily. Based on the Rovers performances I’ve seen So far, Dundee United are going to have a serious fight on their hands to win this title. 
That was easily the best Friday night Scottish Championship game I’ve seen, if there has been a better one, then I’ve either missed it or forgot about it. 

12 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I dunno about you guys, but I've never seen a good game on one of they plastic pitches

the game was v good. Different standards of artificial parks - RR's looks pretty decent and does not seem to be factor in the games I have seen there. Same for Killie whereas Livingston's does seem to be the poorest surface....

4 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Sneddon clearly at fault for the first two goals, perhaps also for the third. How Thistle allowed that free-kick to be taken so quickly for the fourth whilst so many players "blocking" the quick free-kick, was criminal!

Sitting behind the goal for the 3rd, I didn't think there was much he could have done better, he was unsighted by Muirhead until the last minute. Very poor for the first two goals though. 

Watching the highlights again I have to say I thought McInroy was excellent for Thistle, popping up everywhere. 

19 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

the game was v good. Different standards of artificial parks - RR's looks pretty decent and does not seem to be factor in the games I have seen there. Same for Killie whereas Livingston's does seem to be the poorest surface....

Have to disagree - watched the game on the telly last night, and my first comment was 'that pitch is shite'.

And I DO think the pitch has something to do with a couple of goals, even tho Sneddon should still have saved them.

And just to be certain, this is NOT sour grapes 😂 Raith should have been out of sight at the end of the first half. We left a huge hole in central defence that they kept running into.

Good luck for the rest of the season - if we can't do it, I don't want the DAB's doing it either!

Edited by baba douche

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Just because you dont provide anything to counter act it doesn't make it a non fact!

We are third in the table, with some homegrown players in the team.

Although flawed, we play some decent football, and most of our games could be described as 'entertaining'.

We have gotten rid of a toxic management regime, and are gradually moving to a more open, honest form of ownership.

Our financial position is not as extreme as initial doomsday predictions indicated.

That'll do for going on with.

Honest question, but if supporting Thistle annoys you so much, why bother? You really don't seem happy in general, at least in the footballing sense.

8 minutes ago, baba douche said:

We are third in the table, with some homegrown players in the team.

Although flawed, we play some decent football, and most of our games could be described as 'entertaining'.

We have gotten rid of a toxic management regime, and are gradually moving to a more open, honest form of ownership.

Our financial position is not as extreme as initial doomsday predictions indicated.

That'll do for going on with.

Honest question, but if supporting Thistle annoys you so much, why bother? You really don't seem happy in general, at least in the footballing sense.

That's a bog standard lazy question. If I am disappointed in Thistle then why should I bother?  Dearie me!

In regards to a more open honest form of ownership. I thought that. But there was no consultation on the recent 500k investment. TJF admitted they were wrong over that. That reduced fan the percentage of fan ownershipin the club. That should have been put out to the members. 

The financial position was very bleak until the 500k investment. As stated by TJF, there was NO working capital without it.

And now the begging bowl is out for funds towards the January window. 

Not exactly rosy.

Edited by Highlandmagar

I really liked the ref last night and felt he added to the spectacle by just randomly letting some things go. Raith should absolutely have had a pelanty in the second half and there's no way Fitz should've been booked for diving, but it wasn't a gutless or biased performance,just charmingly idiosyncratic.

Edited by velo army

8 minutes ago, velo army said:

I really liked the ref last night and felt he added to the spectacle by just randomly letting some things go. Raith should absolutely have had a pelanty in the second half and there's no way Fitz should've been booked for diving, but it wasn't a gutless or biased performance,just charmingly idiosyncratic.

He was an absolute inexplicable shambles.

Thankfully we won regardless!

40 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

That's a bog standard lazy question. If I am disappointed in Thistle then why should I bother?  Dearie me!

In regards to a more open honest form of ownership. I thought that. But there was no consultation on the recent 500k investment. TJF admitted they were wrong over that. That reduced fan the percentage of fan ownershipin the club. That should have been put out to the members. 

The financial position was very bleak until the 500k investment. As stated by TJF, there was NO working capital without it.

And now the begging bowl is out for funds towards the January window. 

Not exactly rosy.

I don't care if you think it's lazy, the question is pertinent. You never seem to be happy about anything. A real glass half-empty guy.

And it doesn't matter how happy you tell us you are - you never actually show it here.

Ach, never mind, enjoy your weekend. Same to everyone else.

Edited by baba douche