Raith v Partick, 8 Dec...the race to keep up with DU

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Murray’s in-game management deserves a lot of credit, I feel that’s still an area where Doolan could do with improving on at times.

I take it Bannigan was properly unavailable to come on unless needs must tonight because the game was crying out for him at HT imo, given we couldn’t string a pass together for about 40 minutes. Feel Doolan still left the first round of subs a bit late, but understand that given we’d really got into a flow and were on top he probably didn’t want to disrupt that.

Don't disagree with the praise of Murray (and that Doolan could work on this) but Murray has considerably more to work with than Doolan off the bench. Our subs were hopeless when they came on. Raith third was top class from Smith, need a bit more nous though for the fourth, that's why you kick the ball away. 

Thought the wee bald lad in the Thistle midfield was excellent outside of either box, always had space and we rarely tried to shut him down. No idea if it was a penalty or not from where we were but I felt we'd got away with one minutes before. 

This team though, again pulling it out of the bag and winning from a losing position. Cracking entertainment, but I'm convinced it'll be the death of me 😂

f**k me I'm not going to survive this season. 

The subs saved us tonight after a monumental arse clapse and some misfortune woth OReilly. 

Smith again has been fantastic those early runs he makes are fantastic. He did similar against Morton and Montrose to break at speed. 

12 minutes ago, embow said:

Incredible to think that is yet another one goal winning margin. How many now is it?🤔🤩

In League...ten wins by 1 goal...three draws...one loss by 1 goal

Exclude the first match, and we've been up by 2 goals for all of 41 minutes and down by 1 goal for 81 minutes. The first match was brutal, down for all but 5 minutes, 38 of those by 2.

Had to put the wee one to bed, what did I miss... Never mind

Could and should have been more than 1 up at ht. Fair play to thistle going attacking once they got the first goal through oreillys first bad moment for us. Need to see the penalty award again, didn't look like one to me in real time. When we've got the likes of Smith, connolly and brown to come off the bench, we are always going to have options to change it up a bit with real quality and it is really bearing fruit for us this season. 

At 2-0 I thought we should drop stanton deep. At 2-1 I thought that more and at 2-2 I said we would win this game in 80+ minutes. What a fucking team. Top of the league for now with a healthy gap over thistle and we're not stopping any time soon! Mon the fucking rovers! 

Just now, lellywong said:

This team defy belief, 3-2 down to come back and win 4-3, why should I be surprised🤗 we're oozing confidence and a great work ethic, well done to all 👍

The amount of times Raith have been down and out and pulled out a result is questionable. Is this the matrix? Is a Raith ‘leaning’ person the admin for the matrix. SFA investigation required imo. 

25 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Cracking game to watch as a neutral. Much better than the boring pish served up by Spurs/West Ham the other night.

The best of Scottish football. 7 goals, plastic pitch and pishing rain. Summer football can gtf.

Edited by blackislekillie

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Had to put the wee one to bed, what did I miss... Never mind

Could and should have been more than 1 up at ht. Fair play to thistle going attacking once they got the first goal through oreillys first bad moment for us. Need to see the penalty award again, didn't look like one to me in real time. When we've got the likes of Smith, connolly and brown to come off the bench, we are always going to have options to change it up a bit with real quality and it is really bearing fruit for us this season. 

At 2-0 I thought we should drop stanton deep. At 2-1 I thought that more and at 2-2 I said we would win this game in 80+ minutes. What a fucking team. Top of the league for now with a healthy gap over thistle and we're not stopping any time soon! Mon the fucking rovers! 

Penalty was correct, and we got a gift with the one before that not being called. By the same token, I think we didn't get the penalty deserved late.

Mental how much both sides put into it, but we converted our chances late after being wasteful early...Partick's last chances were missed. Exciting match, great ad for Championship football.

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

f**k me I'm not going to survive this season. 

The subs saved us tonight after a monumental arse clapse and some misfortune woth OReilly. 

Smith again has been fantastic those early runs he makes are fantastic. He did similar against Morton and Montrose to break at speed. 

I couldn't fault O'Reilly for their opening goal, but it seemed to drain a lot of composure from the team and suddenly we couldn't hold the ball for love nor money, but to come back yet again from a losing position to win, is just something else