Raith v Partick, 8 Dec...the race to keep up with DU

Just now, TxRover said:

Penalty was correct, and we got a gift with the one before that not being called. By the same token, I think we didn't get the penalty deserved late.

Mental how much both sides put into it, but we converted our chances late after being wasteful early...Partick's last chances were missed. Exciting match, great ad for Championship football.

Keep logic out of things right now tx please and thank you. 

You're right though, got lucky and I think stanton should have had one but didn't see a replay so not sure if it was in the box? Commentators such as they are on the BBC weren't sure 

1 minute ago, spot on said:

Interesting that Murray says after the game that he’s like another winger in the window with electric pace. FFS another forward option 😂

You don't lose games by conceding 3, if you score 4...its sound logic by our gaffer. 

I didn't think our first penalty shout was one as it hit Murray's knee and then onto his hand but I've long since given up trying to understand the nuances of the handball rule. 

The one we did get looked pretty clear though, arm was well away from his body, would have been shocked if that wasn't given. 

Not sure about the Raith one, don't think it got round to showing a replay as you'd scored before the ball went out of play again, gut was that it wasn't a penalty but suppose it didn't matter. 

Edited by Fuctifano

7 minutes ago, spot on said:

Interesting that Murray says after the game that he’s like another winger in the window with electric pace. FFS another forward option 😂

Mitchell back from East Fife? Not getting a huge amount of minutes...fast...

Great game, swinging to and fro. Thistle are two players short - a CD and defensive CM! Hopefully sorted in January. Fair play to Raith, they look a good side. A Great effort from the Jags to get back in it after a poor first half. Just can't close it off, but a good effort against a team unbeaten at home in the league and with more than double our playing budget.

1 minute ago, SmithyJag said:

Great game, swinging to and fro. Thistle are two players short - a CD and defensive CM! Hopefully sorted in January. Fair play to Raith, they look a good side. A Great effort from the Jags to get back in it after a poor first half. Just can't close it off, but a good effort against a team unbeaten at home in the league and with more than double our playing budget.

Source?

3 minutes ago, SmithyJag said:

i think you;; find its actually half your budget

Fantastic advert for the Championship. I think most fans have a respect for Thistle,  Glasgow team who back their team in good numbers home and away. 

We should’ve been out of sight however that wasn’t to be the case and PT showed why they’re at the right end of the table as they can play some nice stuff. 

IMO we’re the clear 2nd best team in the league. Options off the bench that any club would be lucky to have at this level. 

Uniteds league to lose with their budget but we’ll give them a go.

Have loved following this team home and away this season.

A deserved win for Rovers at the end of the day given our calamitous first half where they should have been out of sight. I can imagine it was a great match for the neutral, but it definitely wasn’t from a Jags point of view as our midfield and defence were AWOL at so many different points in the match.

I’m torn on wanting to see Raith continue this great run of form and go on to win the league. On the one hand they’re really fun to watch and it would be nice to see someone different win the title, but if they do so then that’ll mean there’s a good chance we’re stuck with Dundee United next season who will just continue to spunk millions up the wall until they do finally win promotion again.