Jim Mcintyres Arbroath vs Morton

Vital 3 points today to keep us in touching distance, especially with QP and Ayr losing. With the game in hand on Tuesday we've the got the chance to get up to 7th is if we can beat ICT.

How did Beirne do? With Quitongo out, I can see his creativity down the wing being important.

We give away shite goals for fun we really do - I’ve zero confidence in us at the back and it looks like the boys playing feel the same. Tam and Hammy I would keep but I think we need a whole new right hand side of defence and a physical central midfield player in the door. Can’t see us getting another point before Christmas never mind a win. If there ever was a day we were going to win a game of football it was today - we equalised had the wind at our backs and monsoon rain and we somehow managed to come away with nothing

So incredibly frustrating- Raith are going to run right over the top of us 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We give away shite goals for fun we really do - I’ve zero confidence in us at the back and it looks like the boys playing feel the same. Tam and Hammy is keep but I think we need a whole new right hand side of Dede car and a physical central midfield player in the door. Can’t see us getting another point before Christmas never mind a win. If there ever was a day we were going to win a game of football it was today - we equalised had the wind at our backs and monsoon rain and we somehow managed to come away with nothing

So incredibly frustrating- Raith are going to run right over the top of us 

Whatever gives you that impression? 😂

On 08/12/2023 at 14:00, ExiledLichtie said:

Must be some huge pressure on Morton for this one.  Given that Dick seemed to have that entire club in his personal trophy cabinet, if they can't beat us when the Campbells have left and we are rank bad, when will they ever be able to beat us?

Did seem like that lately but saved by the new manager bounce.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I cannot believe I am happy with an Imrie win.

GIRFUY Ratintyre.

How the hell you doin Johnny .....was texting a Dees pal of mine during the game when the Dees were 1 up.I naturally asked him if he knew what time Taverniers penalty was. It arrived 10 mins later.

Sorry.

Absolutely sensational to dig a win out in those circumstances. Even at 1-0 up 10 minutes into the second half it felt a bit like we'd be doing well to escape with a point. I've rarely seen anything like the wind at that point, it was genuinely Arbroath's best player and totally stopped us getting out of our own half.

A defeat seemed inevitable with the equaliser coming as early as it did, but that winner. A sensational strike from Oakley and extremely funny to see a Strapp long throw leading to a goal in his first game back.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

How the hell you doin Johnny .....was texting a Dees pal of mine during the game when the Dees were 1 up.I naturally asked him if he knew what time Taverniers penalty was. It arrived 10 mins later.

Sorry.

Nae bad min aye. Can't expect to beat Rangers with VAR.

Knowing McIntyre is having a shite night makes me feel a bit better.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Absolutely sensational to dig a win out in those circumstances. Even at 1-0 up 10 minutes into the second half it felt a bit like we'd be doing well to escape with a point. I've rarely seen anything like the wind at that point, it was genuinely Arbroath's best player and totally stopped us getting out of our own half.

A defeat seemed inevitable with the equaliser coming as early as it did, but that winner. A sensational strike from Oakley and extremely funny to see a Strapp long throw leading to a goal in his first game back.

He also was booked 2 mins after he came on ....bit too enthusiastic? 🙃

Not much of the new manager bounce from us today (not his fault btw) we didn't create much and Morton overall edged it we  just look toothless. A lot of hard work ahead of the new manager to sort us out. Morton were ok without being spectacular but it was never going to be a classic in the conditions. Glad they opened up the away end enclosure for the soaked Morton supporters and tbh i wish we would stop punting some away supports in that tiny corner of the ground, i wouldn't come back to Gayfield if i was an away supporter and spending £20 plus to be dumped there. Totally unnecessary.

Edited by keptie