Jim Mcintyres Arbroath vs Morton

Not even sure what team I would play on Saturday if there are still injuries - guessing McKenna is still out - the only thing I could imagine being relatively decent given the circumstances is

Gaston

Steele

Little

ToB

Hamilton

Stewart

Slater 

Lyon 

Gold 

Hylton

Bird 

Not sure if Gold is even fit 

I still think McIntyre will have the same issues DC has had but I am looking forward to January and hoping that we can take some kind of positivity from the appointment being made 

I think many fans in this division will have an eye on this game to see Arbroaths performance under their new manager. 
I’ve always been a fan of Jimmy Mac, and was hoping to see him back at EEP before McPake came in and steadied the ship. A resurgent Lichties will have many clubs looking over their shoulders, including the misfiring Pars. 

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

I think many fans in this division will have an eye on this game to see Arbroaths performance under their new manager. 
I’ve always been a fan of Jimmy Mac, and was hoping to see him back at EEP before McPake came in and steadied the ship. A resurgent Lichties will have many clubs looking over their shoulders, including the misfiring Pars. 

I don’t know if there is much he can do until he gets his own players in. It’s still the same players who are low on confidence and the same injuries. We had a real possibility of going into the Ayr game last week with only 15 fit players. Hopefully the week off has given players such as David Gold a chance to recover. 

51 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Jim McIntyre really has a pretty weak hand to play with the squad he has inherited. Get the ball to the feet of Bird and Hylton and we’ll have a chance against Morton. Looks like it might be windy, so a classic Gayfield battle with the elements.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gfn1v0610#?date=2023-12-09

Forecast very calm but wet 

5 hours ago, Wacky said:

1 hour ago, timlichtie said:

Jim McIntyre really has a pretty weak hand to play with the squad he has inherited. Get the ball to the feet of Bird and Hylton and we’ll have a chance against Morton. Looks like it might be windy, so a classic Gayfield battle with the elements.

Dunno guys, I think he has capacity to get the very best out your players. Saying that I’m a fan of Jim, he got what IMO was a mediocre Pars team promotion to the premier league.
PMA, guys. He’ll save you from the drop, but hopefully not at our expense. 

I think a new voice will help at Arbroath. McIntyre isn’t likely to work any miracles but I fully believe he’s more than capable of avoiding relegation.

Morton haven’t won a league game against a club not called Ayr United since May so he couldn’t ask for a simpler game to start his reign.