Stirling v Queens

17 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I may have misread your meaning here Bod, but I think that's a wee bit harsh on Stirling tbf. As a QOS fan of too many decades I hate to see us come across as some kind of Billy Big Baws over-entitled club, we know how that sort of stuff usually ends!

Without checking any census records or any similar stats, I always think of Dumfries and Stirling as fairly similar sized towns, and by that (granted limited) measure it could be argued that our clubs should be of similar stature. The perceived difference at present being that QOS are the FT club; but as we are only too well aware, having the smallest FT budget in the land isn't necessarily an advantage against well run PT clubs with good recruitment and good coaches.

Apologies if I've misread your intent.

No need to apologise.

I definitely didn't mean to come across as "Billy big baws" and as I said previously I mean no disrespect to Stirling A but from a Queens point of view we've fell a long way in the last decade that some are happy with a point away to Stirling.

Yesterday was probably a fair result. As for the time wasting. I did see Curry talking to the ball boys when he came out after half-time and noticed  they started walking up to him to offer him the ball whereas in the first half they would kick it to him asap. No problem with it. As for the paramedics, just pleased it wasn't a life threatening injury. Thought it was disgraceful the way they sauntered over!

2 hours ago, headthebaw said:

Interesting comments from Marvin Bartley post match. He felt first half was even and Queens dominated the second. He felt they deserved more.

He’s talking it up of course. A draw was fair.

If only Marvin could match his positive rhetoric with performances and results on the pitch. I am not sure if he watches the same games as we do.

i can’t think of one league game where we have been seriously robbed of a result this season. In fact I can think of two away wins where we seriously rode our luck - Cove and Annan.

Yesterday Stirling were the better side first half aided by a strong wind. We had much the better of the second half without creating many threatening openings. Stirling had the better chances but a draw was fair overall.

1 hour ago, Thebino45 said:

Queens fans claiming the albion time wasted. The drugs must be mighty strong in dumfries! I 

Er, one ‘fan’ said Albion time-wasted. Various other QOS fans including me said no they didn’t….

6 hours ago, bod said:

I definitely didn't mean to come across as "Billy big baws" and as I said previously I mean no disrespect to Stirling A but from a Queens point of view we've fell a long way in the last decade that some are happy with a point away to Stirling.

No probs ... I didn't think that was your intent. 👍

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

If only Marvin could match his positive rhetoric with performances and results on the pitch. I am not sure if he watches the same games as we do.

i can’t think of one league game where we have been seriously robbed of a result this season. In fact I can think of two away wins where we seriously rode our luck - Cove and Annan.

Yesterday Stirling were the better side first half aided by a strong wind. We had much the better of the second half without creating many threatening openings. Stirling had the better chances but a draw was fair overall.

Managers being one eyed in interviews is nothing new or exclusive to him. Plenty times ive thought Darren Young’s post match interview reflected a different game to the one I watched.

Draw was probably fair. Each side clearly dominated a half each.

I thought a goal from a corner was inevitable given that many in thst sort of weather.

3 hours ago, Thebino45 said:

Marvin thought the first half was even 🤣🤣🤣🤣....

Queens fans claiming the albion time wasted. The drugs must be mighty strong in dumfries! I guess you lot hit the same parties as the tories 🥳

1 hour ago, QOSQOS said:

Er, one ‘fan’ said Albion time-wasted. Various other QOS fans including me said no they didn’t….

Think someone left some drugs behind in the away end and @Thebino45 has hoovered them up.