Stirling v Queens

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think that's a decent result tbh. I'd have been happy with that had Cochrane been playing so I'm pretty delighted we got a point without him. The stats suggest we were ok as well, wonder if that's the case in reality? 

A win against Annan and that'll be a very good month IMO. 

If we've any ambition, no disrespect  but we should be beat Stirling. 

Today we just didn't get going in midfield and more often than not didn't get crosses passed the first man.

Edited by bod

After the Hamilton debacle this was quite enjoyable. Although Stirling were very poor did think we played better and at least seemed to be trying. Think there was only going to be 1 winner but just ran out of time. Lots of time wasting by SA which sums them up. Todd had a poor game and the usual bizarre Bartleys subs. Can someone please check his coaching credentials as I am beginning to wonder.

5 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

. Lots of time wasting by SA which sums them up

I'm not sure what time wasting you are talking about. I didn't notice any.

I thought after the equaliser thet both teams were still playing for the win.

We were poor for most of the second half but still made a few chances.

How Pabs missed from 2 yards I will never know.

We've not seen many goals at that end this season. Seem to be jinxed.

Didn't see any timewasting. DY was shouting at the ball boys to get the ball back on in the second half. I may be biased but on today's showing it would be hard to tell the full-time team. What was the fancy LED board all about?

11 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

After the Hamilton debacle this was quite enjoyable. Although Stirling were very poor did think we played better and at least seemed to be trying. Think there was only going to be 1 winner but just ran out of time. Lots of time wasting by SA which sums them up. Todd had a poor game and the usual bizarre Bartleys subs. Can someone please check his coaching credentials as I am beginning to wonder.

Obviously your out fishing 🎣 🙄 

Time wasting??? Maybe from the farcical stretcher bearers 🙈

Majority of your efforts were from outside the box and passback material 

Think you need to thank your keeper for 2 saves in the 2nd half..firstly from Carrick,,he stood tall & made it count... as for our skipper Pabs....no ideas how he missed from 2 yards WTF 🙈 

1 hour ago, bod said:

If we've any ambition, no disrespect  but we should be beat Stirling. 

Today we just didn't get going in midfield and more often than not didn't get crosses passed the first man.

Before the season started I'd agree, when we were hoping for a title push, but a draw away to Stirling being a very good result is where we're at the now unfortunately (with respect to SA, not to go all Falkirk in here) and it takes us a step further away from the bottom two. 

Absolutely not surprise to hear we were poor in the midfield today. As I said last week, as much as he has his constant critics, Cochrane is the heartbeat of our side this season. With him out we're much worse. Todd is a CM but nowhere near as good at doing what Cochrane does IMO. 

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Before the season started I'd agree, when we were hoping for a title push, but a draw away to Stirling being a very good result is where we're at the now unfortunately (with respect to SA, not to go all Falkirk in here) and it takes us a step further away from the bottom two. 

Absolutely not surprise to hear we were poor in the midfield today. As I said last week, as much as he has his constant critics, Cochrane is the heartbeat of our side this season. With him out we're much worse. Todd is a CM but nowhere near as good at doing what Cochrane does IMO. 

Yes we’ve improved a wee bit of late such that we’re now competitive as a mid to lower end side in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. It’s depressing. 

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Auto correct 😆

Yes typo... but genuinely hope & wish him a speedy recovery 👍 

Houston has an MCL grade 2 tear and ankle ligament damage. Was sitting next to his Dad and girlfriend. Borderline whether he will need an op or not. 

Weather was atrocious. First half we were playing into a gale. All Stirling in first half til they scored and neat touch from Hilson but we were asleep and should have kept it out. Then we started to play better and in second half we dominated ( apart from Carrick sitter and great Stone save.) thought we would go on to win it but no. 

We need to attack teams from the off but back to timid triangle playing/ sitting back in first half. Better in second but no creativity, pace or final ball. Very lacklustre. 

Only Stone, McKay, Ferguson and Reilly got pass marks for me. 

At least it’s a point but we really should be better than this. 

Need to win next weekend and roll on January. Need a dominant centre half, midfield assassin and someone with goal threat in the window. 

Still it’s only 1 loss in 5 so marginal improvement. 

There not being much between the teams is way worse for you guys than us.

Before the season we would probably have said that was a decent point but we had plenty chances to win it..

You'll be too good to go down but have some way to go to even get to the playoff challengers let alone Hamilton and Falkirk

5 points out the last 9 has arrested the slide for us but two very tough games coming up.  Feels like we should have had at least 2 more.

1 hour ago, bod said:

If we've any ambition, no disrespect  but we should be beat(ing) Stirling.

I may have misread your meaning here Bod, but I think that's a wee bit harsh on Stirling tbf. As a QOS fan of too many decades I hate to see us come across as some kind of Billy Big Baws over-entitled club, we know how that sort of stuff usually ends!

Without checking any census records or any similar stats, I always think of Dumfries and Stirling as fairly similar sized towns, and by that (granted limited) measure it could be argued that our clubs should be of similar stature. The perceived difference at present being that QOS are the FT club; but as we are only too well aware, having the smallest FT budget in the land isn't necessarily an advantage against well run PT clubs with good recruitment and good coaches.

Apologies if I've misread your intent.

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

I'm not sure what time wasting you are talking about. I didn't notice any.

I thought after the equaliser thet both teams were still playing for the win.

We were poor for most of the second half but still made a few chances.

How Pabs missed from 2 yards I will never know.

We've not seen many goals at that end this season. Seem to be jinxed. 

Aye they’ve dried up there since the south terracing reopened. Would be an easy fix to close it again and let the goals flow in. Save on stewards for the 15/20 supporters too. 

30 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

Aye they’ve dried up there since the south terracing reopened. Would be an easy fix to close it again and let the goals flow in. Save on stewards for the 15/20 supporters too. 

I like the terracing when it isn't raining but I'm not into getting soaked if I don't have to. I did enjoy Kyle Banners equaliser against Hamilton but I reckon that might be the last one down that end...

Surprised any Queens supporter is complaining about the opposition time wasting, it's not as if we've never been accused of it ourselves before (on quite a few occasions). It boils my piss on the few occasions we've been in front early on we fanny about with slow goal kicks or throw ins when we should be looking to add to the score instead of trying to hold on to what we've got. Wasn't there today so no idea if there was blatant time wasting but we are no angels when it comes to it either. 

I was there yesterday, a draw was fair. Wind spoiled it a bit, lots of passes drifting out of play or going nowhere in particular ( yes, I know, that’s our normal game in good conditions…..).

Stirling edged it first half, thought the goal was a bit scrappy, was it a misplaced shot from the edge of the box or a good pass? 
After nearly scoring in the first minute of the second half, Stirling sat back (or were pushed back?) and it was all Queens. We seemed be getting corner after corner without getting close, until the one that finally went in. If you keep sticking the ball in the danger area, sooner or late it goes in. Is the theory.

With 15 left, I thought both teams went for it (no time wasting from Stirling), it was actually exciting. As Queens fans we were waiting on the inevitable sucker punch (story of our season), there chances at both ends but no more goals. 
To our fans not there, that’s a game we would have lost a few weeks ago. 
Thought Reilly put in a good shift. 

4 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

I was there yesterday, a draw was fair. Wind spoiled it a bit, lots of passes drifting out of play or going nowhere in particular ( yes, I know, that’s our normal game in good conditions…..).

Stirling edged it first half, thought the goal was a bit scrappy, was it a misplaced shot from the edge of the box or a good pass? 
After nearly scoring in the first minute of the second half, Stirling sat back (or were pushed back?) and it was all Queens. We seemed be getting corner after corner without getting close, until the one that finally went in. If you keep sticking the ball in the danger area, sooner or late it goes in. Is the theory.

With 15 left, I thought both teams went for it (no time wasting from Stirling), it was actually exciting. As Queens fans we were waiting on the inevitable sucker punch (story of our season), there chances at both ends but no more goals. 

Fair assessment and good post, glad you agree that there was no time wasting from either side, only time wasting was from the paramedics, shocking length of time to get on & assist the lad Houston... speedy recovery young man... both teams tried to win it.. but alas points shared,, hope you lad's didn't get too soaked, wind was blowing the rain right into your stand... till we meet again 👏👏

4 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

Pretty fair assessment of the game.  I was there too, and the wind was a big factor in the game.  Fair to say we were never going to be treated to a classic in far from ideal conditions.  Once we got back level both sides went pressing for a winner.  Can't say I noticed much on the way of time wasting other than that shown by the first aiders.

Over the piece a draw is probably a fair result.  I would gladly have accepted it had it been offered before the game.  Overall a good away day,  and it was good to talk to a couple Stirling fans in the Springkerse before the game.