Stirling v Queens

I’ll not make the game, however the players will know that we need to hit the levels of the Second Half against Annan to get something out of the game. Recent scores would suggest QOS are turning a corner, so it’s going to be another tough one

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Recent scores would suggest QOS are turning a corner,

Probably into a cul-de-sac. 

Don't think I'll make this one either, shame 'cos it's been a number of years since I've visited Forthbank. IF we can start with the same team that started yesterday, recovery from injuries permitting, and IF we start on the front foot, we can hopefully pick up at least a point, we need to get some distance from the bottom 2.

Not a great result for Stirling against the wee team. With D+G's big team rocking up this weekend I expect they'll raise their game. 

I'm not convinced at all that Montrose wasn't a freak result tbh. If Cochrane doesn't make it I'm even less confident of a result here. If we do manage a win I'll start to have a wee bit of belief but 'gun to the head' I'm fully expecting a Stirling win tbh. 

This is a tricky one....if we play like we did in the 1st half against Annan we will get pumped...If we play like we did the 2nd half then I'm hopeful we can win, We need to start quicker & stop giving teams an easy lead, we are playing from behind far too often, liked young Murray Miller on Saturday MOM in my opinion, hopefully Banner will be in beside him on Saturday and a bit more solid, full backs are a real worry,,Clark was almost as bad as the referee, he is a nightmare... with Scouse returning I'm hopeful he will move to left back,

Build on Saturdays 2nd half, take confidence & a bit of belief from it,  

C'mon Bino's 🇵🇪

The above sums it up. I thought our second half performance was the best I've seen us in the league all season.

We have to start better though and not give ourselves a hole to dig out of.

I'm feeling much more hopeful than I was a couple of weeks ago.

If we can actually start playing from the start that will really help.

31 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Looking forward to this one.  I wonder how many folk who are not Queens fans realise that we played a home game at Forthbank?

Off the top of my head was that v Ross County, after two failed floodlight games at Palmerston? 

On 17/12/2023 at 19:10, qos_75 said:

Off the top of my head was that v Ross County, after two failed floodlight games at Palmerston? 

I think that’s the last time we played at Stirling, from what I can see. We shared a division that season (2010/11), but our last away game there was in the March, with the rearranged game taking place in April. 

Well, here we are again, the eve of a game and I’m wondering what Queens team will turn up and what team will Bartley field.

Last week understandably we started with the same 11 as the previous and looked good for the first 20-25mins until the Cochrane injury. To me all we needed was a straight swap with Todd coming on but no Bartley in his desperation to get McKechnie on the park changed a couple of things. We then lost hold of the game and we looked unbalanced for the next 20mins.

All sorts of rumours doing the rounds again about Bartley falling out with players, more signs of an inexperienced manager. You’d have thought he would have learned for his Miss McRae episode!

Anyway, looking forward to a wee trip to Stirling, it's been a while. I’d like to see another Montrose away performance with the line up below.

Stones,

Logan, Ambrose, McClelland, Church.

Todd, McKay, Ferguson, Gibson

Connelly, Reilly.

8 hours ago, bod said:

Well, here we are again, the eve of a game and I’m wondering what Queens team will turn up and what team will Bartley field.

Last week understandably we started with the same 11 as the previous and looked good for the first 20-25mins until the Cochrane injury. To me all we needed was a straight swap with Todd coming on but no Bartley in his desperation to get McKechnie on the park changed a couple of things. We then lost hold of the game and we looked unbalanced for the next 20mins.

All sorts of rumours doing the rounds again about Bartley falling out with players, more signs of an inexperienced manager. You’d have thought he would have learned for his Miss McRae episode!

Anyway, looking forward to a wee trip to Stirling, it's been a while. I’d like to see another Montrose away performance with the line up below.

Stones,

Logan, Ambrose, McClelland, Church.

Todd, McKay, Ferguson, Gibson

Connelly, Reilly.

Always welcome to Forthbank Bod..

I think that we will be sweating on a few selections from our side also due to a couple of knocks last week,, here's hoping for a good game, i hope we ain't as charitable in giving away the 1st goal which seems to be the norm lately & of course we are victorious come 4.45pm 🇵🇪

Safe trip & enjoy 

hope we ain't as charitable in giving away the 1st goal which seems to be the norm .

Goes with territory when your in lower part of the league. What pleased me last week, was  we pulled the goal back against a team that had became fully defensive. Very pleased Carrick was our scorer. Attitude is still positive, so fingers crossed.

56 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Heard the same (Todd and Gibson)

Can maybe understand those two being involved. Todd being an experienced player, dropped after the Hamilton game, maybe a bit peeved at a young manager more or less singling him out for that display, wasn't even used last week when we needed a central midfielder to replace Cochrane. Gibson has hardly featured before our last two games, maybe dad putting ideas in his head. I would be surprised if Botterill isn't unhappy too, was performing ok then dropped for no apparent reason in favour of Stone (who tbf has been very good), Botterill looks a bit pissed off in warm-ups now I always think. All pure speculation on my part obvs. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Can maybe understand those two being involved. Todd being an experienced player, dropped after the Hamilton game, maybe a bit peeved at a young manager more or less singling him out for that display, wasn't even used last week when we needed a central midfielder to replace Cochrane. Gibson has hardly featured before our last two games, maybe dad putting ideas in his head. I would be surprised if Botterill isn't unhappy too, was performing ok then dropped for no apparent reason in favour of Stone (who tbf has been very good), Botterill looks a bit pissed off in warm-ups now I always think. All pure speculation on my part obvs. 

Of course these rumours might just be nonsense…..