Stirling v Queens

2 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

I wasn’t fooled by a freak result at Montrose and a win against an U20 team.

Aye, of the four games post Hamilton the away games at Montrose and Stirling were the tougher ones, the home games against the EC kids and Annan were the obvious must wins.  Would have been decent to get through all 4 unbeaten, so the win at Montrose was a bonus, but we should've been targeting at least a draw here.

Post the Annan game things will get tougher again with points harder to come by - so this squad will continue to struggle in January without something being addressed.

Think that's a decent result tbh. I'd have been happy with that had Cochrane been playing so I'm pretty delighted we got a point without him. The stats suggest we were ok as well, wonder if that's the case in reality? 

A win against Annan and that'll be a very good month IMO. 

I'll take that.  Two wins and a draw so far with Annan to come at home from four games including three against the bottom end sides - pretty well what we should have been doing to stay safe.  The real test of whether we've improved any comes in January's games.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Looks like there's few updates anywhere today ... apart from the club OS which is pretty minimal ...

Don't know what happened there ... all of a sudden the BBC updates/stats suddenly appeared at the end of the game ... maybe just my usual digital incompetence tbf ...

Shocker of a game but almost won it with a free kick at end. Stone made a couple of great saves in the second half. We huffed and puffed but didn't really do anything. Midfield was non existent. Weather probably played a big part but that was two teams devoid of any creativity.

6 minutes ago, The-coo-shed said:

Shocker of a game but almost won it with a free kick at end. Stone made a couple of great saves in the second half. We huffed and puffed but didn't really do anything. Midfield was non existent. Weather probably played a big part but that was two teams devoid of any creativity.

Just about sums it up although having equalised I thought we might go on and win it.

Poor goal that we conceded. 

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

What about rattle twirlers, are they welcome? We've got 2 or 3 of them to add to the atmosphere. 

I thought you were joking. Looked like Isa from Still Game from where I was sitting. Good support from Queens. Who was the big lad in the corner trying to fight himself? Thought Stirling could have won it but faded compared to first half. No drums or trumpets from our lot unfortunately.

Dreadful conditions - almost impossible to play football. Not surprisingly very poor fayre. Thought we could have played all day and not scored but then the equaliser arrived.

It’s depressing to see how poor we’ve become but at least we avoided defeat. Reilly tried hard on limited service and Stone had some vital saves. McKay also got pass marks.

So used to being disappointed these days that a draw felt like a decent outcome.

19 minutes ago, SA45 said:

I thought you were joking. Looked like Isa from Still Game from where I was sitting. Good support from Queens. Who was the big lad in the corner trying to fight himself? Thought Stirling could have won it but faded compared to first half. No drums or trumpets from our lot unfortunately.

Never joke about the rattle wavers. Wasn't there today so no idea who the fan was. Happy with a point. 

How we didn't win that i will never know...1st half we were brilliant and deserved lead 👏 

2nd half we were a bit slow in decision making & our passing.. 

Never thought they looked like scoring but just our luck lately they did...Carrick had a great chance start of the 2nd half...good save by the keeper who stood tall...& then Pabs missed from 2 yds out which was easier to score 🙈

Anyway great effort from the lads today 👏 so much more secure with Banner in the middle,, another impressive performance from young Miller 👏  

Hopefully Houston is ok for Queens..looked like hyperextension of his knee,, speedy recovery young man.....on that note alot more speedy than the medics ffs how slow were they....shocking response...

Falkirk & Hamilton up next,,anything from them 2 will be a bonus 🇵🇪

Edited by Beepee67

9 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Hopefully Houston is ok for Queens..looked like hypertension of his knee

We've had some bizarre and unexplained injuries this season, but that is a new one for me!  Do I sense a typo, perhaps...?  😉

Edited by Slipmat

15 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

How we didn't win that i will never know...1st half we were brilliant and deserved lead 👏 

2nd half we were a bit slow in decision making & our passing.. 

Never thought they looked like scoring but just our luck lately they did...Carrick had a great chance start of the 2nd half...good save by the keeper who stood tall...& then Pabs missed from 2 yds out which was easier to score 🙈

Anyway great effort from the lads today 👏 so much more secure with Banner in the middle,, another impressive performance from young Miller 👏  

Hopefully Houston is ok for Queens..looked like hypertension of his knee,, speedy recovery young man.....on that note alot more speedy than the medics ffs how slow were they....shocking response...

Falkirk & Hamilton up next,,anything from them 2 will be a bonus 🇵🇪

Much as I didn’t think we played well - the stats don’t endorse your match summary. While you had the best chances - we had more possession - 16 shots to your 8 and 10 corners to your 4. Overall I think a draw was a fair result. 

So that was the assurance that Montrose absolutely was the anomaly of the season. Not sure what happened that week but I saw absolutely none of the movement, pace and passing today that was prevalent then.

Conditions were dreadful to be fair but whoever thought hoofball in that wind to our strikers was going to be effective??

Created nothing of note but could have actually won it from a very close free kick in the last minutes.

Stirling deserved their lead when they got it, very much started better and missed a couple of big chances second half too, Stone with an excellent save from one.

But in general a very poor game of football. Most worryingly seemed like we had no discernable game plan or tactics. Just hit and hope. Thought the players would be confident after two wins but didn't appear so.

Connolly first half and the odd flash from Gibson seemed our only bright spark so of course both were subbed off by Bartley. Utterly bizarre.

As someone else said, the season has been so poor that coming back for a draw actually feels alright but in the context of the season and where we want to be it was very poor.

5 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Much as I didn’t think we played well - the stats don’t endorse your match summary. While you had the best chances - we had more possession - 16 shots to your 8 and 10 corners to your 4. Overall I think a draw was a fair result. 

Sometimes stats can be misleading,,i suppose blind loyalty too,,especially the way we have been playing lately 🤣🤣

I just felt your keeper made some great point blank saves,, a point more than we had this morning