Dundee V Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Isnt it just the goal mouth thats unplayable? Which dont like theyll be getting used.

Sadly the days of stramashes in a boggy 6 yard box are long gone, as someone randomly decided part time referees are the best people to judge how safe wet grass is.

Referee David Munro, who was down to officiate the game at Dens Park today, has been speaking to BBC Scotland.

"I arrived this afternoon and when we went out to do our pitch inspection we realised there were concerns for player safety.

"There were several areas where there was standing water, which gave me concern for players safety, and I've had to postpone the match unfortunately. It was multiple areas giving me concern.

"All I can do is my inspection when I arrive at the ground."

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Referee David Munro, who was down to officiate the game at Dens Park today, has been speaking to BBC Scotland.

"I arrived this afternoon and when we went out to do our pitch inspection we realised there were concerns for player safety.

"There were several areas where there was standing water, which gave me concern for players safety, and I've had to postpone the match unfortunately. It was multiple areas giving me concern.

That video posted earlier didn’t seem to suggest any problems. 

Tinfoil hat on…several stakeholders will want to be sure our pitch is playable on Tuesday…

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Hearing from an impeccable source within Police Scotland that the referee has been arrested. 

Confirmation that he's now been executed. His remains are being put into the free pies on offer currently sitting outside the Bobby Cox stand.

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Genuine question, how do games get called off early?   Does  the home team have to call the official if they think there’s any doubt?    I’m struggling to think of how the late call off can be anything other the result of unpredictable ground conditions or the home team not giving a shit.  

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Genuine question, how do games get called off early?   Does  the home team have to call the official if they think there’s any doubt?    I’m struggling to think of how the late call off can be anything other the result of unpredictable ground conditions or the home team not giving a shit.  

As long as they're registered with the SFA, any ref can call off a game. 

We usually have a local junior ref on call for games we know are likely in doubt. 

27 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The fact that we've unofficially been posting pictures of us training on the pitch, rumours that both clubs are unhappy with the call off and Munro now saying there were 'multiple areas' of concern to BBC Scotland suggests to me there might be more to this. 

Wonder if either club will publicly complain.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

The fact that we've unofficially been posting pictures of us training on the pitch, rumours that both clubs are unhappy with the call off and Munro now saying there were 'multiple areas' of concern to BBC Scotland suggests to me there might be more to this. 

Wonder if either club will publicly complain.

In what way are you suggesting that there might be more to this?