Dundee V Aberdeen

11 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Surely Dundee are responsible here, if there's any doubt at all they should be getting the pitch checked just in case. 

That goalmouth would obviously be a cause for concern so they should've worked on it and considered advising the league. 

The goalmouth was clearly playable from the clips.

26 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Surely Dundee are responsible here, if there's any doubt at all they should be getting the pitch checked just in case. 

That goalmouth would obviously be a cause for concern so they should've worked on it and considered advising the league. 

The problem stems from the fact that we had no doubts the game would go ahead.

45 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Worth mentioning 2 years Dundee got a local ref to check the pitch, who called it playable, then David Munro turned up late and called the game off anyway.

Both clubs involved were furious as they felt it was playable, and the option of a delayed kick off was never offered by the ref who said he simply didnt want to offer it.

Seems incredibly likely he'd have done the exact same today even if a local ref had passed the pitch.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Burrows crying about the difficulty in rearranging the game owing to Aberdeen being in Europe and in the League Cup final. I’m sorry Alan but that ain’t going to wash my friend. Not commenting on whether the call off was fully justified, shitebaggery imho. 

Given that Aberdeen are out of Europe, I’m struggling to see the difficulty. 

Literally every European midweek between now and the split is available. 

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning 2 years Dundee got a local ref to check the pitch, who called it playable, then David Munro turned up late and called the game off anyway.

Both clubs involved were furious as they felt it was playable, and the option of a delayed kick off was never offered by the ref who said he simply didnt want to offer it.

Seems incredibly likely he'd have done the exact same today even if a local ref had passed the pitch.

Screenshot_20231223_202936_X.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_202954_X.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_203009_X.jpg

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

That Dundee statement is pretty clear, and well written, to the point its really hard to see how its not the ref being a useless dick thats saw the game postponed.

Presumably instead of actually being punished for it, the authorities will simply close ranks and defend it.

Fine Dundee for the statement probably. 

4 hours ago, The Master said:

Given that Aberdeen are out of Europe, I’m struggling to see the difficulty. 

Literally every European midweek between now and the split is available. 

That was my point, and the cup is over. 
I reckon Aberdeen gave the ref a brown envelope, needing a wee break from their schedule and realising they were getting pumped. 

3 hours ago, HulltoonDee said:

At least we're the top club in the North East at Xmas. 

I think that title should go to Cove. At least they were competent enough to manage to have a playable pitch yesterday. Their grounds staff even had assistance from their fans to clear the snow. The Dundonians probably couldn’t be trusted not to piss in the goal mouth to preserve their league position.