Edinburgh City VS Accies

Accies season thus far summed up beautifully in one game today, albeit against a very poor opposition.

Unplayable first half, looked like we were going to score every time we went forward.

Second half was back to looking like a team of players that had genuinely never met each other before

23 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Well, Respect to The Accies players for that! 👏

Wouldn't look good for our league if a team was getting pumped by 7 or 8 goals every week.

Disagree tbh, in a friendly or a cup tie that approach is fair enough, but not in a league game.

If Edinburgh City end up getting pumped by 7 or 8 goals on a regular basis then that reflects only on the situation you've found yourself in, not the league as a whole.

Enjoyable game as a neutral. While Accies were noticeably poorer in the second half, they still should’ve scored at least 3 more goals imo, and as I said the first half was as one sided a game as I’ve ever seen at any level.

Fair play to City who put together some nice moves and put in a lot of fight in the second half, which is realistically all you could ask of them. Conceded 5 and that, but the goalkeeper played really well. 

My first time at meadowbank, and I know you’ve all heard it before but it’s… it’s not not good. There’s bad stadiums that can add to the occasion a bit, but that definitely isn’t one of them. 

1 hour ago, Zaltan said:

The fact that rakin only made the two subs shows how poor of a manager he is why not even put in a couple young players in this game why wait till injury time 

I was happy with Winter coming back and Hendrie needed to come on, but it was really strange waiting so long to make that final change. Those two might not get that chance again any time soon.

Second half was pathetic. Everything was going fine until Rankin spoke to the players at half time. How many tap ins from inside the six yard box did we miss today? Sadly this team lack the ruthlessness and professionalism to kill teams off even when 5 up. Soft and toothless. Matching whatever score Falkirk won by today was the absolute minimum today. Is that another KPI Rankin has failed Gerry?? 

Only Rankin could try to make a pointless sub so deep into injury time that the player wasn't even stripped before the full time whistle was blown. 

Hendrie was a bombscare when he came on, forced change or not. Not sure what winter has done to merit getting on today either. (Must be another player that looks amazing in training) Although I accept this game should have been the type where you bring fringe players on for game time. Pity we managed the second half so poorly

Edited by Beckford

That game shows me exactly why we won't win the league first half excellent and was professional but the second half no effort at all and a complete embarrassment do you think Falkirk would give away 2 free goals to a bunch of kids? Does Rankin not realise how important goal difference is? We've been knocked out the league cup both years he's been in charge due to goal difference and we finished 9th instead of 10th last season due to goal difference obviously it didn't matter in the end as we went down anyway. Obviously it's 3 points but it's really paper over the cracks and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we ended up dropping points next week again. Ben Williamson confirmed at the game that he's signing for us. If Livi punt Martindale then Seref should be on the phone. 

4 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

I think Rankin gets a hard time, he assembled the best squad in the league and has only lost 2 games. In any other season title winning form.

He has also signed another 3 top players in window, what could go wrong?

I'm sure all Falkirk fans are very happy with him lol (yes I do get the sarcasm)

7 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

😂😂😂 fs. I’m not sure that conversation would stretch beyond Martindale laughing and hanging up.

I don't think he would have as much offers as you would think. If Livi sack him. His history before Livi and how Livi have done this season means he wouldn't get an another job in the premiership I wouldn't think. There would be interest from championship clubs. but at the end of the day he's not going to be on much at Livi nowhere near an average premiership managers salary I wouldn't think. There's probably a couple of championship manager getting paid more so I don't think money would be an issue if you think that's a reason he wouldn't come. It would be a very ambitious appointment but do I think it's impossible absolutely not.

At half time I thought the 13-2 record defeat was in danger. In the second half Accies hit the bar at least twice and McNeill had some good saves. On the other hand we won the second half! :lol:

Happiest chap was the refreshed Accies fan who enjoyed the 5th goal as it netted him sixty quid..

Another week and we're still here folks.

culture_defiance.jpg.86df7dea04f3e573bf05b9a04d9cf536.jpg

Livi under Martindale used to be based on score and not concede now they can't score (ignoring yesterday)and are conceding. Think that was Pittman's first goal in yonks.  I think they'll go down this season and I think they might struggle in the championship I don't think they'll bounce straight back up.  Martindale has took Livi as far as he can imo but the only way he'll leave is if he walks and hands the reins to Brian Rice. The board won't sack him.  I'm not sure why you'd want him (his past will always follow him) and his brand of football at your club, even if he was available he's already knocked back St. Johnstone, no offence but I doubt he'd go to Hamilton. Unless he'd been out a job for a while. Anyway I doubt you'll get rid of Rankin anytime soon not while you are still in contention for promotion.

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Livi under Martindale used to be based on score and not concede now they can't score (ignoring yesterday)and are conceding. Think that was Pittman's first goal in yonks.  I think they'll go down this season and I think they might struggle in the championship I don't think they'll bounce straight back up.  Martindale has took Livi as far as he can imo but the only way he'll leave is if he walks and hands the reins to Brian Rice. The board won't sack him.  I'm not sure why you'd want him (his past will always follow him) and his brand of football at your club, even if he was available he's already knocked back St. Johnstone, no offence but I doubt he'd go to Hamilton. Unless he'd been out a job for a while. Anyway I doubt you'll get rid of Rankin anytime soon not while you are still in contention for promotion.

I agree that he's taken them as far as he can. I think it was inevitable that Livi would go down at some point a bit like us a Manager can only keep a team up in the premiership with that budget for so long and it feels like this will be the year their run ends. I think from a Livingston point of view they need to be careful they could easily end up a bit like us and go down another league like we did. I just don't think their board will be as incompetent as our past board was. If I was the Livingston owner I wouldn't sack Martindale as I think if anyone is going to bring them back up it's him however clubs often make the wrong decision in situations like this and reading social media it seems like he's lost a lot of the Livingston fans. He probably will be regretting not taking the St Johnstone job now. I don't think another premiership club would offer him the job if Livi sack him I think their would be championship clubs who would take him but I don't think it's completely unrealistic to suggest that he could come to us either. With what you said about Rankin I agree that we probably won't sack him I just don't personally agree with waiting to see what happens in the playoffs. He's had too much time now and got us relegated last season if he was appointed in the summer and this was his first season I might have a different opinion.